When you are on a healthy eating plan and trying to lose weight, it can sometimes be hard to fight the sugar cravings.
But instead of reaching for something that perhaps the ‘old you’ may have gone for (think biscuits, lollies, or ice cream) why not look to Mother Nature for a sweet treat?
Think of biting into a deep red, fresh, ripe strawberry. No strawberry flavoured lolly can come close to that taste.
And if you can re-train your taste buds to enjoy these natural flavours, you will soon find that the old favourites might just fall by the wayside.
Today we have 16 ideas for using nature’s sweets to get the flavour hit that you are craving – without the guilt.
- Instead of a store-bought cupcake, try our recipe for Healthy Chocolate Cupcakes with Indulgent Strawberry Frosting which uses yoghurt, agave and sweetener instead of cream, butter, and sugar.
- Instead of a bottle of Strawberry Moove, try our Strawberry Daiquiri Smoothie which contains no sugar or additives.
- Instead of an Apple Danish, try our Rhubarb and Apple Crumble which is full of fresh fruits and healthy oats.
- Instead of a banana Paddle Pop, try our incredible 2 Ingredient Banana Ice Cream which contains just banana and (100% peanut) peanut butter. You have to try this to believe it.
- Instead of buying sugar-laden Banana Bread from a café, try making your own Healthy Wholegrain Banana Bread which has no sugar or butter and is full of healthy nuts, coconut and fresh banana.
- Instead of a Bounty Bar, try our Chocolate Coconut Slice which uses Weet Bix as a secret ingredient.
- Instead of a traditional Eton Mess using meringues and cream, try our Nutty Berry Mess which uses ricotta and honey instead.
- Instead of chocolate fudge, try Linda’s Chocolate Fudge Bites which are made simply with walnuts, cocoa and dates.
- Instead of a traditional cheesecake, try our delish Ricotta Cheesecake which uses ricotta instead of cream cheese and is flavoured with the zest and juice of oranges and lemons.
- Instead of a Cherry Ripe, try our Cherry Bomb Smoothie which has no sugar or bad fats.
- Instead of an Apple Pie from the bakery, try our Healthy Apple Pie which uses filo pastry and honey as well as crisp apples.
- Instead of a muesli bar, try Healthy Oat, Apple and Sultana Bars which leaves out the sugar and packs in the goodness of oats, apples and sultanas.
- Instead of a slice of cake, try our Apple and Blueberry Loaf made with the goodness of wholemeal flour, almond meal, walnuts and chia seeds.
- Instead of ordering French Toast at a café, why not stay in and make your own Low Fat French Toast Casserole for the whole family to enjoy. It’s made with wholegrain bread and leaves out the sugar and butter.
- Instead of a sugary flavoured yoghurt dessert, try our Apple, Raspberry and Yoghurt Snack which contains no sugar or hidden additives.
- Instead of a coffee cake, try our Super Easy Coffee Date Slice which has just 4 ingredients (and none of them are butter or sugar)
You can also enjoy the sweetness of fresh blueberries, strawberries or raspberries straight up – sometimes the simple things can taste the best!
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Plus don’t forget to sign up for our Get Ready For Summer Challenge – it’s free and you can sign up here.
Click HERE to see our shop