I love love love apple and rhubarb crumble and this Lose Baby Weight recipe combines a few simple ingredients to create a delicious dessert.
The tartness of the apple and the rhubarb contrasts with the sweetness of the crumble topping, and the soft texture of the fruit works brilliantly with the crispiness of the crumble. Serve with some ice cold frozen yoghurt for a dessert perfection.
Rhubarb and Apple Crumble
- 350g rhubarb
- 350g apples
- 1 tbsp. natural sweetener such as agave or honey
- Juice of 1 orange
- 50g whole rolled oats
- 100g wholewheat flour
- 25g corn starch
- 50g low fat butter
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Cooking spray
- Peel any stringy bits off the rhubarb and chop into chunky pieces. Peel and core the apples and chop into similar sized pieces to the rhubarb. Heat a little cooking spray in a frying pan and add the rhubarb and apples. Fry until they start to turn golden and no more liquid appears in the pan then add the orange juice and fry until the majority of the liquid evaporates. Leave to cool and then toss with 1 tbsp. agave or honey. Spread into the bottom of a medium oven dish.
- Sift the wholewheat flour, all-purpose flour and corn starch into a bowl. Add the low fat spread, honey/agave and maple syrup and rub into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture looks like coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the oats
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the apple and rhubarb mixture. Bake in a 200C oven for 20-30 minutes until the crumble topping is golden brown and the fruit filling soft and tender.
Recipe serves 6. Calories per serving: 175, fat per serving: 3.6g.
Join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge and get access to:
- 28 Days of family friendly healthy meals
- Personalised weekly shopping lists and customisable meal plans
- Access to the exclusive challenge 1000+ recipe hub
- 28 days of effective at home exercises to fit into your busy day
- Expert advice and support from the team and 1000’s of other mums on the challenge
- See all the details and join here
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of results and you can join here too
Erin Loses a MASSIVE 44.7kgs on our 28 Day Challenges
Erin says: “I love the 28 day challenge! It takes all the guess work of “what do i have for dinner” and fumbling around the fridge looking for ingredients before deciding on something “easy” (and usually not healthy!) The best thing is, after doing my weekly shop once the shopping list comes out I have everything I need to make something HEALTHY AND EASY!”
Join today and become healthier and fitter this Winter. Join 1000’s of other mums on the same journey and be supported every step of the way.
You won’t regret it!