Just when you thought that dessert was off-limits, along comes a recipe like this.
Just two ingredients is all you need to make this delicious, creamy treat that tastes like rich, indulgent ice cream.
So grab your ripe bananas and get chopping so that you can enjoy this dessert tonight!
You can even use just the bananas if anyone in your family is not a fan of nuts – it will still taste delicious.
Bananas are such a popular fruit as they taste good and are good for you. They contain loads of potassium, which plays an important role in decreasing the risk of high blood pressure and stroke; increases strength; and helps reduce stress.
They are also high in fibre, low in fat, low in calories, and contain no cholesterol.
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons real peanut butter (made from 100% peanuts)
- Peel the bananas and slice them into 3cm chunks.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper and put in the freezer for 2 hours until firm.
- Pop the frozen banana and peanut butter into a high powered blender or food processor (one that can handle, say, crushing ice).
- Blend on high speed until combined – you may find that adding a little milk or yoghurt helps to get things moving.
- Eat as is for a soft-serve style treat, or place back in the freezer for half an hour to firm up and for some extra yummyness add some grated dark chocolate on top!