Omega-3’s are one of the most important nutrients our body requires.
The trouble is, our body can’t make them so they need to be consumed from food (or supplements such as the Healthy Mummy Fish Oil Tablets if that’s not enough).
We need Omega-3’s for many reasons:
They help to fight depression
This is especially true for new mums.
Pregnancy takes a big toll on your body, and after the baby is born you can be depleted of many nutrients.
This is where Omega-3’s come in!
They help you to get smoother skin
Consuming enough Omega-3 is a sure fire way to plump up the cells in your skin which makes your skin glow and look fuller.
They help you to think more clearly
A large proportion of your brain is made of fat, and it needs to be maintained by the fats we consume. Omega-3’s are known as essential fatty acids for that reason.
Helps with your weight loss
By stimulating the secretion of leptin which is the hormone that regulates food intake, body weight and metabolism.
They can fight or prevent disease
By reducing inflammation in the body, reducing blood clotting, lowering cholesterol in the blood, and also help to prevent thickening of arteries.
How can I get them?
Eating foods rich in omega-3 is easy. Our Healthy Mummy Smoothies actually contain Omega-3 in the form of flaxseed meal and pumpkin seeds.
Here we have some food sources and some healthy recipes using those ingredients:
- Flax seeds – throw some extra ground seeds in your Healthy Mummy Smoothie or if you are breast feeding you can use ground flax seed to make these delicious Lactation Cookies.
- Walnuts – try these delicious Zucchini Ribbons with Lemon and Walnut Pesto
- Salmon – these Honey Soy Glazed Salmon Fillets are tasty and super easy to make.
- Sardines – if you are a fan pop some on rice cakes or wholegrain toast as a snack
- Chia seeds – use these in your smoothies or make this delicious Chia Berry Jam.
- Pumpkin seeds – the ground up seeds are actually in our Healthy Mummy Smoothies. You can also sprinkle the roasted seeds on top of your Roast Pumpkin and Apple Soup (here’s the details on how to roast them).
- Sunflower seeds – toss some in your salad, or consume them by eating LSA which is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almond meal. Use LSA in our Wholegrain Banana Bread.
- Leafy greens – throw some baby spinach in your smoothie, or mix with ricotta to make these Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- Grass fed beef – make a simple stirfry such as this Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
- Prawns – try our spicy Chilli Prawn Pad Thai
- Tofu – if you like tofu you must try our flavour-packed Hoisin Glazed Grilled Tofu
Try some of these recipes and see if you feel the benefits that come from consuming more Omega-3’s.
If you find that you still aren’t getting enough Omega-3’s from your food, or you want to top up, you can also consider taking a supplement. The Healthy Mummy Fish Oil Tablets are a great way to ensure you are getting enough of the good stuff in your diet.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop