If you want to lose weight or lose post baby weight, and want to know the best way to lose weight, then we have out top fifteen ways to lose weight quickly but still in a healthy and safe way.
And the good news is that all our top fifteen tips for the best way to lose weight, are easy to implement and if you are a busy mum – everything is very achievable.
A key point to note is that you should never feel like you have to lose post baby weight by a certain date and you should never rush to lose the weight or compare your own post baby body to that of a celebrity as the two are just not comparable. And you can read more about this here
The number one focus should always be on the health of the mum and the baby. Then when you feel up to it, you can start exercising and focusing on diet more. For some mums this can be a couple of months post birth and for others it can be a few years
You can also see hundreds of results from mums who have used our plans and lost weight here
Our Top Fifteen Best Way To Lose Weight Tips
- If you are a new mum then breastfeeding can help some mums to lose weight. It burns more calories and can help your tummy size reduce. But be warned, for every mum who has found that breastfeeding has helped weight loss there is another mum who saw themselves gain weight due to increased appetite
- Do not get sucked in by fad diets that promise to see you lose 5kg a week. These fad diets are unhealthy, cut out vital food groups that here about why fad diets are so bad for us and why you should eat healthily instead
- Don’t put pressure on yourself. Being a mum is hard work – emotionally and physically and if you have put pressure on yourself to lose a lot of weight in a short space of time and you don’t lose what you want each week, it can really get you down and make you feel depressed. Instead, only think about losing weight when you feel physically and emotionally ready and strong and then aim for a healthy 500g – 1kg a week.
- See it is as a long term change to a healthy lifestyle. And even though you may want to lose a big chunk of weight in a few weeks, this is not sustainable and it will be hard to be on a restrictive diet when you have so much going on in your life and need energy. Instead, see it as a long term goal. And if you lose 500g a week over, 20 weeks that is 10kg – which is a big number and by doing it in a sensible and healthy way you won’t find it hard to lose either
- Try our Healthy Mummy Smoothies – they are the perfect solution to the busy mums breakfast and/or lunch and take 2 minutes to make whilst giving your body everything it needs from a protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals and will keep you full and satisfied until snack time – plus are breastfeeding friendly. You can read more about the smoothies and what makes them different here. And you can see the independent nutritionists reviews on the smoothies here.
- Start trying new foods and introducing healthy meals to your family – we have heaps of easy recipes on our site to help and inspire you
- If you are looking for a more structured plan to follow then try our 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan (which is breastfeeding friendly but is also suitable for all mums whether you are breastfeeding or not) – you can preview the 28 day plan here
- Aim for easy and gentle exercise – such as a daily walk
- Try our Exercise DVD – it is broken down into 10 and 15 minute workouts and is safe for post baby mums to do too and you will burn approximately 450 – 550 calories an hour and you can preview it here
- Make our protein cookies and snacks so you have your own home made protein bars – without all the gunky ingredients found in most protein bars. You can see lots of yummy protein cookies and bar recipes here – which many mums have found have helped milk supply too
- If it is your tummy area you really want to focus on then see all you need to know on what to do here
- Always have pre prepared and healthy and protein based snacks in the fridge so you have metabolism boosting and healthy snacks to eat so you don’t end up eating wrong foods. You can see some of our favourite snacks here
- Cut out processed food and things like white bread,rice and pasta and have wholegrain and wholemeal versions instead which are high in fibre and vitamins
- Increase your fibre and lean protein – both key in keeping you full and fibre aids digestion and protein helps to build lean muscle
- Need extra motivation? See hundreds of weight loss stories from mums on our plans here
And just remember, there is no right time to lose weight – it is when you feel ready, and for some mums this can be a few weeks/months post baby and for others it is years. The most important thing is to do it in a healthy and sensible way.
Happy New Year – have a happy and healthy 2014!
You can see our plans and shop here
And to see how our plans work click here