Tasheena Snow has lost an amazing 39kgs with Lose Baby Weight and shares her tips for starting a healthy lifestyle change.
Hi everyone I’m Tasheena Snow a 27yr old stay at home Mum to 3 kids under 5. I have lost 39kgs in 14 months following the Lose Baby Weight plans. I have gone from a size 20-22 to a size 10. I have gone from a couch potato eating junk to loving exercise and eating healthy.
Lose Baby Weight has been the most easiest and successful weight loss plan I have used and I have tried many in the past and failed!
When I first started Lose Baby Weight I bought the 28 Day Diet and Exercise Plan, then I went onto the Healthy Mummy Smoothies, became a Motivating Mum and followed the Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD and loving the 28 Day Challenges!
Here are my tips for starting out with Lose Baby Weight……
Know Your Daily Energy Needs!
Know the right amount of calories for your age, height and weight. I also thought you had to eat around 1200 calories to lose weight but learning through Lose Baby Weight this only sends your body into starvation mode and stores unwanted fat, plus isn’t maintainable. I know this because I tried and was always staving! Never starving on the Lose Baby Weight plans now I know my right calorie intake. Find your daily energy needs here.
Cut It Out!
I found cutting out small things made a huge difference! My belly bloat started to go down within 4 weeks as you can see in the picture below, yes there were times a slipped up but mainly cutting these out of my diet helped my weight loss and belly go down. These are the main things I cut out….
- Refined sugars– I used nativa, honey, rice malt syrup or coconut sugar in my baking, I don’t add sugar if it’s not necessary like in cuppa’s or cereal etc. Here are some sugar substitutes.
- Processed foods– I avoid any processed foods, I used to snack on alot of processed foods like shapes, chips, 2 min noodles the list is endless. I make everything from the Lose Baby Weight site or recipe books which taste amazing and works out to be cheaper in the long run plus healthier.
- Bad fats– I avoid butter or margarine unless using in baking otherwise I use coconut oil or olive oil. I choose to eat foods not cooked in oil especially if I’m eating out, I will order a grilled fish. You can see bad fats vs good fats here.
- White carbs- I avoid white bread, potatoes, pasta, white rice and opt for wholemeal bread, sweet potatoes, wholemeal pasta or make zuchhini noodles and have brown rice, quinoa or basmati rice. Here are some good carbs to help lose tummy fat here.
I aim to drink 2-3 litres of water a day sometimes 4. In the beginning yes I went to the toilet a lot but my body adjusted after a few weeks and now I don’t go as much. Water is so good for flushing out the nasties, keeping you hydrated and filling you up. A lot of the time you can confuse hunger for thirst. Here are 5 ways to increase your water intake.
I used to hate exercise and thought I had to workout hardcore for an hour straight everyday to see results, wrong! When I purchased the 28 Day Diet and Exercise Plan I found out that doing small bits of exercise here and there throughout the day makes a big difference and it did for me!
I followed the 28 Day Diet and Exercise Plan, did the short 10-15 minute workouts on the Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy DVD, exercises off the Lose Baby Weight site and my own thing.
My Tips for Exercise
- Start off small and slowly increase your workouts
- Find something you like, I have found a passion for running, weights and pilates
- Music is a great motivator to get you in the mood to workout
- Join your bub in while you workout, see my 5 Mum and Bub workouts here
- Can’t find the time then here are my 11 tips for squeezing it in
I found that being positive has really helped me in my weight loss. Telling myself that I can do it when I felt like giving up, telling myself that I am worth it, instead of putting myself down. Telling negative Nancy in my head to shut up when she kept telling me to stop.
Pushing past that mental barrier is such a rewarding feeling! Do this for you and ignore everyone else if they try to bring you down. In the end you will be so proud of yourself that you never gave up! There has been many slip ups along the way but I kept telling myself that I can do this and I refused to give up.
Believe in yourself and anything is possible!!!
Tasheena Snow xx
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here