It’s so much fun to have friends and family over for a meal on the weekend.
But when the responsibility for feeding everyone falls on you (and let’s face it, that happens!) it can get a tad stressful.
So today we have some ideas for catering that don’t involve turning on a BBQ, stove or oven.
They are healthy too (but no one has to know).
- Rice Paper Rolls – who doesn’t love these tasty little morsels? Read our too easy recipe here.
- Cooked BBQ Chicken – serve the drumsticks and wings along with the breast meat on a large platter to go with some fresh salad. Or you could use the chicken meat to make burritos or sandwiches. Read even more ideas here.
- Dips and dippers – we love freshly made dips and there are so many gorgeous recipes like beetroot dip, hommus and tzatziki over here and a chunky guacamole too. Serve with a platter of carrot and celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, crackers, capsicum strips or baby corn.
- Cooked Prawns – buy prawns already cooked and save yourself the hassle of BBQ’ing. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and some minty yoghurt dipping sauce.
- Cold Meats – serve up a platter of cooked cold meats from the deli. Think turkey, roast beef, ham, or roast pork.
- Sushi – many restaurants offer party platters that can serve many people. Go for the options that are not deep fried or covered in creamy dressings.
- Antipasto – hit the deli counter and stock up on olives, stuffed capsicums, vine leaves and feta. Serve with some good quality crackers or croutons.
- Cous Cous Salad – if you can handle boiling the kettle, why not cook a little cous cous and toss through some canned corn, chopped tomato, fresh coriander and some spring onions. Pour over some olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon. For even more salads click here.
- Brushetta – if the toaster isn’t too much like hard work, slice up some sour dough and cook until golden brown. Top with chopped tomato, red onion, chopped garlic and fresh basil.
- Fruit skewers – chop up some fresh fruit such as watermelon, pineapple, berries, and kiwi fruit. Cover with lemon juice and then thread onto wooden skewers to serve as dessert.
- Berry and Yoghurt Cups – place some blueberries and chopped strawberries into cups and top with natural yoghurt. Crumble over some nuts and sprinkle with cinnamon.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here – with free express postage if you order the book on its own
Click HERE to see our shop