Does the humble banana make an appearance in your fruit bowl? They should!
Bananas are a great fruit to have on hand for a quick snack – and perfect packaging for your hand bag or child’s lunch box.
There are so many health benefits to this bendy yellow fruit, read on to find out more.
10 health benefits of bananas
- Vitamin A: bananas have 5x the Vitamin A of an apple
- Potassium: they are rich in potassium, which helps the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain.
- Fibre: the fibre in bananas helps to restore and maintain regular bowel functions.
- Mood-Enhancer: Bananas contain a chemical called tryptophan, a mood regulating substance that helps the mind relax so you feel happier. They are great to eat for period pain. Bananas contain Vitamin B6, which helps to regulate blood glucose levels and your overall mood.
- Hangovers and Morning Sickness: blend up some bananas with yoghurt and honey (add your Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix for the extra health benefits). The sweet fruit will calm your nausea and the honey will help to stabilise your blood sugars.
- Digestion: they promote intestinal health by leaving a coating around the inner walls of the digestive system.
- Smoking: for anyone trying to quit smoking, the B vitamins and other minerals contained in bananas help to reduce the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- Antacid: bananas can reduce the effects of heart burn as they act as a natural antacid.
- Iron: if you are deficient in iron, bananas can help stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Weight loss: bananas are low in calories, low in fat, and contain loads of healthy vitamins and minerals that can help you on your weight loss journey.
No wonder monkeys always look so happy!
If this article has got you in a banana-loving mood, try some of our healthy banana recipes:
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout.
Click HERE to see our shop