Many healthy eating foods can be added to your daily meals to increase your fat burning potential and the ability to lose stomach fat.
They may already be items you use on a daily basis or potentially foods you have never thought about or heard of. This is a list of metabolism boosting foods, life changing foods that can help lose stomach fat and increase your weight loss.
And if you really want to focus on losing tummy fat then join the 28 Day Challenge here
1) Water –First on the list as it is the most important and most forgotten ingredient to a flat tummy! Keep a 2 litre bottle on hand at all times, it flushes out toxins, keeps appetite in check and is the best and cheapest fat burner available.
2) Apple Cider Vinegar – a great natural bile stimulant and acid reflux preventer. Keeps the stomach ph levels balanced so you will have a flatter tummy and look hot in that bikini. Add a capful to half a glass of water on waking. More on Apple Cider Vinegar
3) Chia Seeds – High in protein and omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds will help keep blood sugar levels stable and increase satiety. Sprinkle some in your healthy mummy smoothie, make chia puddings or even some chia blueberry jam for something different. Here is a great breakfast recipe with Chia Seeds to try
4) Acai smoothies – acai berry powder is high in anthrocyanin a natural pigment providing powerful antioxidants. Acai provides an array of minerals that help keep your body healthy and provides high levels of sustainable energy. This extra energy will enable you to get out and exercise, therefore extra calories will be burned and eventually they will be coming off your tummy!
5) Cinnamon – It’s a cross between spicy and sweet and it adds so much flavour to breakfast. Cinnamon helps balance blood sugar levels, reduces bad cholesterol and helps reduce pain and inflammation. Add a sprinkle to your healthy mummy smoothie or breakfast daily. Here is a great smoothie recipe to try with cinnamon
6) Healthy mummy smoothies – high In fibre and vegetable proteins the healthy mummy smoothies are a great snack or meal replacement. They will keep you full and prevent you snacking on high calorie foods. They also taste great and can be used to make high protein pancakes or muffins. You can see a belly busting smoothie here
7) Green coffee – high in chlorogenic acids, green coffee may assist in promoting weight loss by the conversion of fat into energy. It is also an antioxidant and free radical scavenger. Available in satchels, you can use it instead of your normal instant coffee.
8) Green Tea – Green tea can increase fat metabolism. It is made from unfermented leaves and contains high concentrations of antioxidants known as polyphenols. Green tea extract, especially the catechins, appear to be the secret to the fat-burning, metabolism boosting effects. Drink around 3-5 cups per day for maximum benefits.
9) Parsley – Parsley has many, many health benefits, including reducing effects of diarrhoea, improving digestion, regulating the menstrual cycle and increasing the rate of urination, which means that more matter is expelled from the body, including more calories and thus reducing weight loss. The diuretic aspect of parsley juice also means that it detoxifies the body faster than other drinks, and acts as an appetite suppressant making you feel fuller than you are.
10) Celery – high in water content, celery is a great diuretic to rid your body of excess water. Juice them up with carrot and ginger for a revitalizing fresh juice to help keep belly bloat to a minimum.
11) Yoghurt – high in good bacteria, the benefits of yogurt on gastrointestinal health have been said to provide health benefits for certain gastrointestinal conditions, including lactose intolerance, constipation, IBS, colon cancer, inflammatory bowel disease, Helicobacter pylori infection, and allergies. Look for the nutrition label and make sure no added sugar is used. Opt for greek yoghurt varieties and use your own frozen berries and cinnamon to sweeten.
12) Bcaa’s – also known as branch chain amino acids. Bcaa’s are 3 amino acids known as Leucine, Valine and Iso-Leucine. They help prevent muscle breakdown and can be bought as yummy flavoured powders to use in place as sports drinks. Drink them during your workout instead of water as they will help you tone up as you lose that belly and may even help in the formation of abdominal muscle.
13) Wheat grass – Wheatgrass has a high concentration of iron, magnesium, calcium, amino acids, vitamins C, A and E, B12, B6 and chlorophyll. These vitamins and minerals provide many therapeutic benefits. Consuming wheatgrass can rid the digestive system of harmful bacteria and cleanse the body of toxins. It also cleanses the colon and can help in the treatment of joint pain, ulcerative colitis, skin infections and can even prevent diabetes. This is why it is regarded as a superfood!
14) Spirulina – is a sea plant and is high in protein and calcium. It also provides improved energy and is a great anti-oxidant. Available in powder form and can added to your healthy mummy smoothie for that extra boost.
15) Dandelion Tea – a great replacement for coffee and is also a diuretic so can help to reduce water retention. This great tea will help you feel slimmer and reduce the toxic load aswell.
To get serious about losing tummy fat, join the Belly Buster 28 Day Challenge here and you will see big changes fast from around your tummy
5 Tips For Losing Stomach Fat
- Fresh is best – cut out as much processed food as possible (anything in a packet, basically) and opt for plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds, meat and low fat dairy.
- Try our Stomach Fat Busting Healthy Mummy Smoothie. A healthy breakfast means you are less likely to reach for fatty or sugary snacks for morning tea.
- Cut down on sugar and alcohol – these are two key areas to focus on if you want to reduce stomach fat as they can cause bloating.
- Get moving regularly – daily exercise is a great way to shift tummy fat. A regular walk or jog, a segment or two from our Exercise DVD, and the exercises from the 28 Day Challenge are all great options.
- Join the 28 Day Challenge – lose weight with thousands of other mums who are already planning to take part