Hi everyone – Rhian here and I am the owner and founder of The Healthy Mummy and Lose Baby Weight business
And today I am sharing my top tips on getting into a swimsuit this summer (and don’t forget to join the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – you can join here)
And the key point to note is that if you choose to wear a bikini or a one piece, wear it with confidence and pride. Your body is amazing and you should be proud of every curve you have and what your body has achieved and produced.
First off buy swimwear that you feel comfortable in. If you don’t feel comfortable in a bikini go for a one piece or buy a sarong. Try on lots of options and buy something you feel fabulous in – because that is what you are.
I normally go for a bikini but I went on a little break last week and I decided to do something different and I bought a one piece and I LOVED IT! It was a Jets costume that I bought from Myer and I wish I had bought them before. I loved the fit and now I want more of them in different designs!
I still love a good bikini but I am officially a one piece convert!
And below are my top tips for losing inches from your tummy area and losing tummy fat
How to lose stomach fat
- Breastfeed. If you are a breastfeeding mum, then breastfeeding can really help you lose stomach fat as it can help your uterus go back to its normal size more quickly. If you are not breastfeeding – don’t worry – we have lots of over ways to help!
- Eat healthy foods. If you are filling your body with more and more fatty and processed foods each day you won’t see your stomach fat decrease. By eating a diet rich in protein, wholegrains, fruits, vegetables and nutrients then your body will function better and eliminate toxins and fat. Use meal plans over the challenge and smoothies – and you join our 28 Day Challenge with 500 recipes here
- Reduce your added sugar consumption – added sugar plays havoc with your stomach fat. Try reducing your added sugar intake and learn more in our reduce sugar challenge here
- Reduce your alcohol consumption. Alcohol, especially sweet fizzy based drinks and beer make it nearly impossible to lose stomach fat and puts extra stress on your liver to clear out the toxins(you can read more about alcohol and tummy fat here). This extra pressure on your liver can make it very hard to build muscle which is key to losing belly fat. Click here to see why the liver is so important in weight loss
- Exercise your whole body. Sadly there is no such thing as ‘fat spot reduction’ and we can’t tell our body to simply lose fat from a specific area i.e. the belly. The key is to exercise your whole body and as you do your body will seek out excess fat stores that will be used to fuel your exercise session. However you can strengthen and work your core so it is strong and when you do lose all over body fat you will have abs to show off. Join the 28 Day Challenge with daily exercise routines – with videos
- Strength Training. Spending hours doing cardio exercises will only get you so far when it comes losing belly fat. The real secret is to add a few strength-training exercises in to your routine. The most effective way to lose belly fat is to build lean muscle in its place. Muscle gets very hungry when exercised and the more you work them the more they seeks out fat stores all over your body to fuel it. Try and include major muscle group exercises into your routine to see your belly fat disappear – such as squats which work the bum and thighs
- Keep yourself Motivated. If you want to lose stomach fat you will need to stay motivated for longer than a few days. We all have times when we want to give up, but it’s important to push though the hard times because the end goal is worth the effort.
- Take your measurements and weigh yourself. It is important not to only rely on the scales as it can be misleading. But taking measurements and weighing yourself will give you a more accurate indication of your weight loss and tummy fat loss. Click here to see our guide on how to take measurements correctly
- Reduce the BLOAT – eat these foods to reduce a bloated belly
Try this Belly Busting Smoothie
Crank up the belly busting powers of your Healthy Mummy Smoothies and add extras such as chia seeds, cinnamon and oats to them to assist in losing tummy fat – here is one of our favourite smoothie recipes
- 2 x tbsp of Vanilla Healthy Mummy Smoothie mix
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 x tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 x tbsp of oats
- 250ml of low fat soy milk/unsweetened Almond milk – or use any low fat milk
Blend for 2-3 minutes
- Have you had a C-section? Click here to read Australia’s most highly awarded Post Natal Physiotherapist & Exercise Specialist, Lisa Westlake’s advice on exercise post C-Section
- Do you have muscle separation? Click here to read our advice
- Have you recently had your baby – please read Lisa Westlake’s advice here on advice and information about exercise post pregnancy
And if you want to purchase any of our product you can see our shop below