Excuses are the little voices in our head that tell us that we can’t do something, or that it’s just too hard – and they are very common when we are trying to lose weight or following a weight loss plan.
The best thing to overcome those pesky negative vibes is to acknowledge them head on, work out a resolution, and implement it (then move on).
So today, we want you to write down 5 reasons that you find weight loss hard, and then next to each think of a good way that you can overcome it.
- Excuse #1
‘I don’t have time to exercise’
Solution: arrange with a friend to mind each other’s kids one different morning a week so that you can hit the pool or a fitness class.
- Excuse 2
“Weight loss is too hard for me”
Being unhealthy is hard. Being overweight is hard. Being sick is hard. Choose the hard that you want to live with. Sure losing weight can be tough and you need to be determined but the rewards are ENDLESS and you will not regret it and if you do it in a sensible and healthy way it will be a lot easier than fad diets. If you think weight loss is too hard for you – get our tips here on overcoming this issue
- Excuse 3
“The scales didn’t move. I give up”
If only we had a dollar for every time we heard this…. Quite simply click here to read about why you shouldn’t always trust the scales and why measurements are also key
- Excuse 4
I am too tired. Sure there are days when we can barely talk, let alone exercise and these days are usually write offs. But this doesn’t mean you have to eat junk food all day or undo your hard work to date. Going for a walk in the fresh air can actually help wake you up a bit too. So yes, being tired is a reality and some days are worse than others, but don’t let it be an excuse for eating junk food and giving up on your healthy eating plan. See foods that can boost your energy here too
And if you always make excuses to not exercise see the top excuses here and how to beat them
If you have some great excuses and your tips on beating them, we would LOVE you to share these on our Facebook page – by working together we can help to overcome our common issues that are holding us back from reaching our goals.
And here are some really useful links and resources to help you in the challenges too:
- Work out your BMR so you know how many calories your own individual body needs – and if you are breastfeeding, don’t forget to add on an extra 500 calories to your daily energy needs number. Use our BMR calculator here
- If you haven’t yet joined up to our FREE members area, register here so you have your own private dashboard to log your weight, measurements, exercise and BMI so you can visually see your progress. Join up here
- Make sure you are in the right mindset for losing weight – and get our tips here on how to ensure you are emotionally ready
- Snacking is essential for energy levels and for boosting your metabolism – see our healthy snacking category here
- Are the scales not giving you the results you want – see what could be happening here
- Get some tips on staying motivated here
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Click HERE to see our shop