At Lose Baby Weight, we believe in steady and realistic weight loss by following a healthy eating plan and by exercising regularly. And you can see how our weight loss plans work here
There are no fad diet pills, no hard-to-swallow packaged food and absolutely no skipping meals.
It is also really important to snack regularly to keep hunger pangs at bay and to keep your metabolism working well
Also, if you are feeling hungry while trying to lose weight – then there are two main reasons for this – either you are not eating enough for your daily calorie needs – you can work out how many calories your body needs every day by using our online BMR calculator here. Secondly, if you are hungry then you are probably not eating enough of the right foods.
So what ARE the right foods to eat when you are trying to lose weight without feeling hungry all the time?
The two main things to focus on are protein and fibre.
And the great thing is that you can get what you need from the foods that you eat – provided you are eating the right things.
Why do you need protein?
- It builds muscle
- Improves your metabolism
- Fills you up
- Keeps you feeling fuller for longer
What foods contain protein?
- Protein is a big component of our Healthy Mummy Smoothies. These are great for breakfast or as a quick snack when you are busy.
- Eggs, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, quinoa, legumes, cottage cheese, yoghurt, peanut butter, tofu.
How can I improve my protein intake?
- Instead of a plain salad sandwich – add some grilled chicken breast or ham, and some cheese.
- Instead of plain toast for breakfast – throw a poached egg on top.
- Having a salad for lunch? Add a tin of tuna or salmon and some chickpeas.
- Instead of serving your meal with pasta, try using quinoa as it is high in protein.
- When snacking, protein is important too. Try to include some nuts or yoghurt each day as part of your morning or afternoon tea.
- You can also try making our healthy protein cookies or these yummy protein balls.
- And beware of store bought protein bars which are very high in calories and additives – make your own instead
Why do you need fibre?
- Also fills you up and keeps you fuller for longer.
- It helps you to digest your food and helps to keep your digestive system moving.
- It is essential for a healthy digestive system and you should aim for at least 30g a day
What foods contain fibre?
- The Healthy Mummy Smoothies contain more fibre than any other similar product. Each serve contains 6g of fibre, and by the time you add some milk and fruit it could increase to around 10g of fibre per serve.
- Sesame seeds, flax seeds, oats, peas, raspberries, oranges, apples, pears, mango, unsweetened cocoa powder, edamame, bran, legumes, nuts, cinnamon, thyme, cloves, rosemary and coriander.
How can I improve my fibre intake?
- Instead of a freshly squeezed juice – eat the fruit instead. The fibre doesn’t get through the juicer into your cup.
- Replace white bread/rice/pasta with wholegrain
- Try to reduce the amount of processed foods that you eat
- Fill your plate with leafy greens instead of starchy carbohydrates like rice.
- Try to get your recommended serves of 2 pieces of fruit and 5 serves of veggies each day – and eat the skin too if appropriate.
Plus get back to basics
And here are some really useful links and resources to help you refocus and get back to basics
- Work out your BMR so you know how many calories your own individual body needs. As you lose weight your calorie needs decrease so it is important to re-calculate and adjust accordingly. Use our BMR calculator here
- If you haven’t yet joined up to our FREE members area, register here so you have your own private dashboard to log your weight, measurements, exercise and BMI so you can visually see your progress. Join up here
- Snacking is essential for energy levels and for boosting your metabolism – see our healthy snacking category here
- Are the scales not giving you the results you want – see what could be happening here
- Read here about why you shouldn’t always trust the scales
- Get some tips on staying motivated here
- See more common weight loss issues here and how to over come them
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop