Here at Team Lose Baby Weight, we are all busy mums like you.
So we know that when you write to us and say that you feel as though you don’t have time to exercise, you really do have your hands full.
But do you want to know the great news? Research has shown that there is no need for your daily exercise to be completed in one single block.
That’s why we recommend the realistic approach of fitting in three 15 minute sessions whenever you can throughout the day.
This is much easier to commit to than a whole 45 to 60 minute block of time which – let’s face it – is hard to come by when you’re a mum.
Not to mention you are probably tired as well from running after the kids or dealing with late night feeds.
So when might those precious 15 minute blocks be you ask?
Well, this is what we do:
- Set the alarm before the kids get up for the day and do burst one then.
- Later while the kids are busy drawing or playing in the backyard, try to squeeze in a quick 15 minutes then.
- In the afternoon if the kids are napping or watching Play School, there’s another opportunity to sneak in a quick workout.
- And if everything got too crazy in the daytime, sometimes you can try and get a 15 minute window in the evening when the little ones have gone to sleep.
So if you made a pledge in our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge to get more exercise into your week and to stop making excuses not to do it – this should get you motivated!
Exercising daily will not only help you to lose weight, it will also help you to:
- Feel fitter
- Sleep better
- Reduce stress
- Feel happier
- Improve flexibility
- Burn more calories
- Fight off disease and improve your immunity
- Fit into your clothes more comfortably
- Increase your metabolism
- Get stronger
Need some ideas for what to do in those 15 minute blocks of time?
- A circuit of 20 sit ups, 20 lunges on each side, 20 burpees and 20 squats
- Run up and down a set of stairs OR your hallway OR your driveway
- Try a circuit of 20 push ups, 1 minute of the plank, 20 star jumps followed by 20 tricep dips (use the couch)
- Just starting to get into exercise after having your baby? Click here.
- Want to tone up your arms?
- Want to strengthen your core?
- Want to strengthen your back?
- Need to work on your pelvic floor?
- Like to tone up your hips, bum and thighs?
- Join the 28 Day Challenge here with daily 28 minutes of exercise routines to do at home
Get Our Exercise DVD – made for the time poor mum!
And for the ULTIMATE SAFE, EFFECTIVE & TRUSTED Post Pregnancy Workout – see our EXPERT Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD below – you can purchase and see more information on it here
The DVD burns 450 – 550 calories per hour and can be followed by all mums (for example new mums or mums with older children) and can be followed by someone with a basic or a more advanced level of fitness.
The exercises in The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD are effective and safe and Lisa will guide you through each of the workouts. As well as assisting in the improvement of your overall fitness levels, the workouts in the DVD will also help in the burning of calories, the improvement of your core strength and the strengthening of your pelvic floor.
The six workouts are broken down into 10 and 15 minute sections that you can do when it suits you – or if you have the time and energy you can do the DVD as one 70 minute continuous workout. The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD also covers special considerations post-birth, such as caesarean sections, back strains, muscle separation, incontinence and pelvic floor issues.
[pb_vidembed title=”The Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD” caption=”” url=”http://vimeo.com/73423922″ type=”vem” w=”600″ h=”450″]
Click HERE to see our shop