Here at Lose Baby Weight, we believe in slow and steady weight loss by eating well and exercising.
There are no secret pills or potions, no hard-to-swallow packaged food and definitely no skipping meals.
In fact, if you are feeling hungry while trying to lose weight – you are probably not eating enough of the right foods.
So what ARE the right foods to eat when you are trying to lose weight without feeling hungry all the time?
The two main things to focus on are protein and fibre.
Now that doesn’t mean you need to rush out and buy protein powder and fibre from the health food store.
You can get what you need from the foods that you eat – provided you are eating the right things.
- It builds muscle
- Improves your metabolism
- Fills you up
- Keeps you feeling fuller for longer
What foods contain protein?
- Protein is a big component of our Healthy Mummy Smoothies. These are great for breakfast or as a quick snack when you are busy.
- Eggs, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, quinoa, legumes, cottage cheese, yoghurt, peanut butter, tofu.
How can I improve my protein intake?
- Instead of a plain salad sandwich – add some grilled chicken breast or ham, and some cheese.
- Instead of plain toast for breakfast – throw a poached egg on top.
- Having a salad for lunch? Add a tin of tuna or salmon and some chickpeas.
- Instead of serving your meal with pasta, try using quinoa as it is high in protein.
- When snacking, protein is important too. Try to include some nuts or yoghurt each day as part of your morning or afternoon tea.
- You can also try making our healthy protein cookies or these gorgeous protein balls.
- Also fills you up and keeps you fuller for longer.
- It helps you to digest your food and helps to keep your digestive system moving.
What foods contain fibre?
- The Healthy Mummy Smoothies contain more fibre than any other similar product. Each serve contains 6g of fibre, and by the time you add some milk and fruit it could increase to around 10g of fibre per serve.
- Sesame seeds, flax seeds, oats, peas, raspberries, oranges, apples, pears, mango, unsweetened cocoa powder, edamame, bran, legumes, nuts, cinnamon, thyme, cloves, rosemary and coriander.
How can I improve my fibre intake?
- Instead of a freshly squeezed juice – eat the fruit instead. The fibre doesn’t get through the juicer into your cup.
- Replace white bread/rice/pasta with wholegrain
- Try to reduce the amount of processed foods that you eat
- Fill your plate with leafy greens instead of starchy carbohydrates like rice.
- Try to get your recommended serves of 2 pieces of fruit and 5 serves of veggies each day – and eat the skin too if appropriate.
About the 28 Day Challenge
A few key things to note are:
- The Challenge menu is FULLY customisable
- You have access to over 1700 exclusive recipes
- You have access to over 300 exercise routines
- Meals are family friendly and are made in under 10-20 minutes
Kat says: “The healthy mummy smoothies are brilliant for time poor mums!
No excuses not to make a meal when the smoothies take you a MAX of 3 mins to whip together! If you haven’t tried them- you should!”
You won’t regret it!