We are absolutely DELIGHTED to announce an expansion to our Post Natal Expert Fitness Team and are absolutely JUMPING FOR JOY to be able to say that the amazing Lisa Westlake is now working with the LBW & The Healthy Mummy Team.
Lisa’s qualifications and experience in the post natal fitness arena are incredible and we are truly honored that she has come on board.
And now for the even BIGGER news…..
We are creating a Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD and Lisa is our Instructor in the DVD!
This is simply HUGE news for us and we are investing a huge amount of time, money and effort to create the best & most effective and safe exercise DVD for mums all over the world and most importantly the DVD will have the safest post natal instruction from – in our opinion the NUMBER ONE post natal fitness Instructor in Australia – and see below for her incredible qualifications and credentials.
The DVD will cover exercises for beginner to more advanced mums and all scripts are now done and we are SO EXCITED about the shoot in a couple of weeks.
We absolutely believe it will be your one stop shop for safe exercise post baby and the quality of the DVD will be better than anything else currently in market.
We cannot wait for you to see it.
We shall be launching it in approx 8 weeks so stay tuned – we hope you are excited as we are and a HUGE WELCOME ABOARD to Lisa
Lisa’s Qualifications and Experience
Lisa is a mum of two and a highly regarded Physiotherapist and post natal fitness instructor and is recognised in both areas as an expert in pre and post natal fitness. Lisa’s extensive qualifications make her one of the most qualified post natal experts in the world and these include
- Australian Fitness Leader of the year 2000, Fitness Presenter of the Year 2003, Fitness Author of the Year 2009
- Women’s Health Physiotherapist : teaching pre and post natal fitness classes for over 20 years
- Frequent speaker to fitness and physiotherapy national and international conferences on pre and post natal fitness and wellbeing
- Lecturer, Melbourne University and Monash University Schools of Physiotherapy
- Lecturer in post grad physiotherapy course on Exercise for Women at Curtain University ( WA) and Melbourne University.
- Regular pre and postnatal fitness courses around Australia and online course in Australia
- One of 4 on the advisory panel for Fitness Australia, developing “Guidelines for fitness instructors working with pre and post natal women” to be launched 2013
- Ambassador for Pelvic Floor First Project ( a Continence foundation of Australia initiative)
- Regular presenter on ABC radio health and fitness talk back
- Author of pre and post natal publications 2011
- Runs health and wellbeing retreats in Australia and overseas
- MC at various health and fitness events such as Mothers Day Classic, Brazilian Butterfly Queen of the Lake, Run Melbourne
To see more on who makes up the fabulous Lose Baby Weight & Healthy Mummy Team click here.
Get Our Exercise DVD
And for the ULTIMATE SAFE, EFFECTIVE & TRUSTED Post Pregnancy Workout – see our EXPERT Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD below – you can purchase and see more information on it here
The DVD can be followed by all mums (for example new mums or mums with older children) and can be followed by someone with a basic or a more advanced level of fitness.
Lisa Westlake is our incredible fitness instructor and postnatal exercise specialist throughout the DVD. With her extensive physiotherapy experience and qualifications (Lisa is one of the most awarded fitness professionals in Australia), Lisa is the perfect fitness instructor to bring The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD to life – you will love working out with her. (You can see our Q&A with Lisa with commonly asked questions on the DVD here)
The exercises in The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD are effective and safe and Lisa will guide you through each of the workouts. As well as assisting in the improvement of your overall fitness levels, the workouts in the DVD will also help in the burning of calories, the improvement of your core strength and the strengthening of your pelvic floor.
The six workouts are broken down into 10 and 15 minute sections that you can do when it suits you – or if you have the time and energy you can do the DVD as one 70 minute continuous workout. The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD also covers special considerations post-birth, such as caesarean sections, back strains, muscle separation, incontinence and pelvic floor issues.
[pb_vidembed title=”The Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD” caption=”” url=”http://vimeo.com/73423922″ type=”vem” w=”600″ h=”450″]