Once Christmas day is over if your house is anything like my house then you will be over run with turkey and you may be struggling to make tasty and healthy recipes to use up your turkey.
Well the good news is that we have two healthy and weight loss friendly recipes for you to try and use up your turkey leftovers. Hope you enjoy.
Turkey Shepherds Pie
- 6 potatoes chopped into chunks
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups chopped up cooked turkey
- 2 cans condensed low fat chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/6 cup of philadelphia light
- Cracked black pepper
- Sea salt
- 3/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the potatoes until soft.
- Then lightly fry the celery and onion in a little oil until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic and sour cream then add in the onion and celery. Drain potatoes; mash in a large bowl. Add in the philadelphia, pepper, salt and spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at the highest heat for 30-35 minutes. Makes. 8 servings.
Creamy Turkey Spaghetti
- 1 pack of spaghetti (or rice noodles or any pasta – wholemeal is best)
- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks of chopped celery
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups light milk
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup philadelphia light
- 1/6 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups flaked cooked turkey breast
- Cook the spaghetti. Then in a large pan lightly cook the onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil. Next add the mushrooms and stir in the milk bringing to the boil.
- Next add in the turkey and cheese and cook through. Drain the spaghetti then add into the sauce with the rest of the cheese and when all melted serve. Makes: 6 servings.
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots more results and you can join here too
Megan Lost 18kgs* with the 28 Day Challenges
Megan says: “I have been on the Lose Baby Weight 28 Day Challenges for nearly 12 months. In that time I have lost 18kgs* but the confidence and happiness I have gained is so much more. The anxiety that used to rule my life barely exists anymore.
The 28 Day Challenges have been amazing for our family. The customise tool is the best. So easy to use and there are so many recipes you would be crazy not to find something you love. I find a new favourite meal every week!!
They are quick and easy. I am very far from a good cook but these meals are so easy even I can cook them. And the best part of all is no need to make separate meals because they are husband and child friendly!!!”
The EXCELLENT news is that that next 28 day weight loss challenge is the BELLY BUSTER CHALLENGE and this is a sure fire way to tone your tummy and lose stomach fat
Lauren Breedt has lost an incredible 46kgs* and her “overhang” using the 28 Day Weight Loss Plans.
Jade Shaw has used the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges to lose 30kgs* and eliminate her excess tummy fat.
Nicole Daniels‘ “overhang” is non-existent after losing 27kgs* on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges
Tamara Deborah lost 35kgs*and countless cm’s from her tummy using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and Healthy Mummy Smoothies.
Stacey Chisholm has lost 21kg* and her ‘overhang’. Stacey says “I love it how I have found a program that works for me! Lose Baby Weight has given me my confidence back!! I never thought there was so much support around until I met everyone on the same journey”
To join these inspirational women, along with thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Challenge, you can sign up here today.