When you are trying to lose weight or are following a weight loss plan, your diet is by far the most important part to get right. As if we are eating the wrong foods then it becomes very very hard to lose weight – no matter how much exercise we are doing.
But when you follow a sensible weight loss plan such as the Lose Baby Weight plan and combine this with exercise you will see results faster and feel healthier and fitter at the same time – as well as toning up the stomach fat area!
You can read more about everything you need to know about stomach fat here too
But if you are too tired to get out of the house or the weather is too hot or raining what exercises can you do at home to help speed up the weight loss?
The good news is that there is lots of exercises that you can can do at home to help to lose weight and tone the stomach fat area and they can be done with your baby throughout the day – as opposed to trying to do it all in one big session.
Our Top 12 Exercises Tips To Do At Home
- March on the spot – bring your legs up really high and do as many as you can. This really works the bum and thighs
- Dance for your baby – put some feel good music on and dance away – this will help you feel better and give your bub a giggle, plus is great cardio
- Do waist twisties – twist that belly fat away!
- Burpees – hardcore but they work! – Click here to see how to do them
- Squats – do 10 while the kettle boils, 10 whilst bub is having a kick and incorporate them into your day every day
- Lift arm weights of tins of food when you are sitting on the sofa
- Do core work on the floor with your baby
- Hold your tummy in and watch your posture during the day
- If you have time for a shower do leg lifts/marching in the shower
- Stretch your body at every opportunity
- Do mini push ups
- Wear a pedometer around the house to clock up your steps and encourage you to move more.
The key is to do little bits of exercise and don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
Our 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan also shows you easy exercises you can do at home or when you are outside too. And remember that some days you will feel so tired that you can barely talk so just aim to get through the day with your sanity in tact and other days you will be able to do a bit more – just aim to do what you can when you can and always make sure you have your Doctor’s clearance before embarking on any exercise post birth
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here
Get Our Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD
And for a SAFE & EFFECTIVE Exercise DVD that supports your pelvic floor health get our DVD here
The DVD can be followed by all mums (for example new mums or mums with older children) and can be followed by someone with a basic or a more advanced level of fitness.
The six workouts are broken down into 10 and 15 minute sections that you can do when it suits you – or if you have the time and energy you can do the DVD as one 70 minute continuous workout. The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD also covers special considerations post-birth, such as caesarean sections, back strains, muscle separation, incontinence and pelvic floor issues.
[pb_vidembed title=”The Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD” caption=”” url=”http://vimeo.com/73423922″ type=”vem” w=”600″ h=”455″]
The Workout Summary
- 15 Minute Low Impact cardio workout – The Low Impact Cardio routine will improve your fitness and energy levels, as well as burning calories, while avoiding stress on your body – in particular, your vulnerable pelvic floor. This workout will put you on the path to being a fitter, leaner and more energetic version of you.
- 15 Minute toning cardio workout – By combining a low impact cardio conditioning routine with light resistance training, this energetic workout will make your heart and lungs stronger while burning calories and toning your arms, legs and butt. This is a great addition to the low impact routine, or as a stand-alone cardio option with the added bonus of arm and leg toning.
- 10 Minute upper Body workout – Conditioning your upper body will not only have you feeling and looking stronger, it will provide postural strengthening to combat stress on your upper back. You will also benefit from increased muscle stamina and definition, allowing you to keep up with your little ones.
- 10 Minute Lower Body workout – Hone in on your butt and legs with this lower body strengthening workout. It will have you looking and feeling strong, toned and energised.
- 10 Minute Abs, Back & core workout – The abdominal, back and core muscles are at the centre of a healthy body. With these safe and effective exercises, you will improve your posture, help alleviate back pain and strengthen your pelvic floor while you regain your waist and condition your abs and back.
- 10 Minute Stretch & Relax- Lengthen your muscles and relax your mind and body as you calmly and quietly stretch your body, top to toe.
PLUS…See our special section covering all you need to know on special considerations post-birth, such as caesarean sections, back strains, muscle separation, incontinence and pelvic floor issues.