With a little training at home (in front of the TV if that helps) you can help to tone up your legs without a whole lot of effort.
The main thing is just to get started, once you get into it you might find that you quite enjoy it.
You may also get some funny looks from partners and children in the room, but hey, if you can’t be yourself in front of your family where can you?
You might even find that they want to join in!
So here is a simple circuit of 5 leg exercises that you can do in rotation, which will a) ensure you don’t get bored and b) will work your butt, thighs and calves as well.
And don’t forget to join our 28 Day Challenge for a really big leg work out
Aim to run through this circuit three times per day. Remember it can be split into 3 separate sessions if you can’t fit it all in at once.
- Stand with your feet apart and your arms straight out in front of you.
- Pretend that you are going to sit down on a chair and lower yourself down to that level.
- Once you get down to your knee height, push yourself back up to the standing position.
- Try to do: 20.
- For balance, put your hands on your hips.
- Step forward with one leg, and bend down until that leg is at 90 degrees.
- Push back up to a standing position.
- Try to do: 10 each side.
- Find a step (or use some heavy books) to stand on with the front of your feet only.
- Rise up onto your toes and then lower your body weight back down to the flat position.
- Try to do: 20.
- For this one you will need to find a standard step.
- Step up and down repeatedly which will work your whole lower body and get your heart rate up.
- Try to do: 30 up and downs.
- Get down on your hands and knees.
- Extend one leg backwards so that it is in line with your back.
- Hold the extended leg for 3 seconds before bringing back in to the starting position.
- Repeat on one side before switching.
- Try to do: 10 on each side.
Remember to try and repeat the circuit three times per day.
The Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD
Trying to fit in exercise when you are a busy mum is often easier said than done, but The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD has been created to help mums fit in exercise at home and can be done in bite sized chunks when it suits them.
The DVD provides 6 safe and effective workout which are 10-15 minute in length and that target specific areas of a woman’s body to strengthen it, tone it up as well as helping to improve the fitness levels of mums performing the DVD.
The exercises in The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD are effective and safe and Lisa will guide you through each of the workouts. As well as assisting in the improvement of your overall fitness levels, the workouts in the DVD will also help in the burning of calories, the improvement of your core strength and the strengthening of your pelvic floor.
The six workouts are broken down into 10 and 15 minute sections that you can do when it suits you – or if you have the time and energy you can do the DVD as one 70 minute continuous workout. The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD also covers special considerations post-birth, such as caesarean sections, back strains, muscle separation, incontinence and pelvic floor issues.
[pb_vidembed title=”” caption=”” url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFzzPjQdLnQ” type=”yt” w=”580″ h=”485″]
The Workout Summary
- 15 Minute Low Impact cardio workout – The Low Impact Cardio routine will improve your fitness and energy levels, as well as burning calories, while avoiding stress on your body – in particular, your vulnerable pelvic floor. This workout will put you on the path to being a fitter, leaner and more energetic version of you.
- 15 Minute toning cardio workout – By combining a low impact cardio conditioning routine with light resistance training, this energetic workout will make your heart and lungs stronger while burning calories and toning your arms, legs and butt. This is a great addition to the low impact routine, or as a stand-alone cardio option with the added bonus of arm and leg toning.
- 10 Minute upper Body workout – Conditioning your upper body will not only have you feeling and looking stronger, it will provide postural strengthening to combat stress on your upper back. You will also benefit from increased muscle stamina and definition, allowing you to keep up with your little ones.
- 10 Minute Lower Body workout – Hone in on your butt and legs with this lower body strengthening workout. It will have you looking and feeling strong, toned and energised.
- 10 Minute Abs, Back & core workout – The abdominal, back and core muscles are at the centre of a healthy body. With these safe and effective exercises, you will improve your posture, help alleviate back pain and strengthen your pelvic floor while you regain your waist and condition your abs and back.
- 10 Minute Stretch & Relax- Lengthen your muscles and relax your mind and body as you calmly and quietly stretch your body, top to toe.
You can purchase the DVD here for $39.99
PLUS…See our special section covering all you need to know on special considerations post-birth, such as caesarean sections, back strains, muscle separation, incontinence and pelvic floor issues.
We hope you enjoy The Healthy Mummy Post Pregnancy Exercise DVD and, as always, we love customer feedback so please get in touch.
Questions & Answers
For all the commonly asked questions about exercise and the DVD including special post natal conditions, when you can start and exercises for tummy fat please click here
Free 28 Day Challenge Recipes
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!Next months theme is the ENERGY & METABOLISM BOOSTING! – so if you are feeling a tad tired – this one is right up your avenue!!
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a 28 Day Challenge recipe pack for you to try here.
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of results and you can join here too
Erin Loses a MASSIVE 44.7kgs on our 28 Day Challenges
Erin says: “I love the 28 day challenge!
It takes all the guess work of “what do I have for dinner” and fumbling around the fridge looking for ingredients before deciding on something “easy” (and usually not healthy!)
The best thing is, after doing my weekly shop once the shopping list comes out I have everything I need to make something HEALTHY AND EASY!”
Join today and become healthier and fitter. Join 1000’s of other mums on the same journey and be supported every step of the way.
You won’t regret it!