Often when you are focused on a goal (whether it’s to fit into your favourite jeans again, or lose the last 5kg) you might feel super motivated at the beginning.
But then, as time goes by, you may find your get-up-and-go has got up and gone. And that’s OK, it’s tough to stay inspired 24/7.
Today we have put together ten great ways to stay motivated to reach your goals, whatever they may be.
- Find a really good reason to lose weight. Make sure it is powerful enough to spur you on when the going gets tough. Here are some examples from real mums just like you: ‘I want to be able to run around with my kids at the park’; ‘I want to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans’; ‘I want to feel great about myself again’; ‘I want to look great for my wedding’. Whatever your reason is, think about it each and every day. When you are faced with temptation, or you are tired and thinking of making a bad choice, remember your reason for wanting to lose weight and that might just keep you on the road to success.
- Make it easy on yourself. You don’t need to cook special ‘diet’ food separate to your family, or purchase expensive pre-packaged food. The Lose Baby Weight plans and Healthy Mummy Smoothies are a great framework for weight loss as they give you a daily structure to work from, and use real food that the whole family can enjoy.
- Use a ‘before’ photo of yourself as a motivation tool. Put it somewhere that you will see every day. When you need a little boost, take a look at the photo and remind yourself that this is the beginning of the journey. Think about what your ‘after’ photo might look like.
- Get support. Tell your family and friends that you are trying to eat healthy food to lose weight. Ask for their help to keep you on track. For instance if you let them know you want to lose weight they might be less likely to offer you unhealthy food when you visit. They may even choose to get on board and lose weight too!
- Remove temptation. If you know you always give in to a certain food from a certain store – don’t go there! If you can’t say no to chips – don’t keep them in the house! It’s much easier to resist temptation when it’s not within arm’s reach. This way if you do have a bad day and want to snack a little more than usual, there will only be good choices in the house.
- Set small exercise goals. It’s no use declaring that you will exercise for an hour every single day. We understand that with a family, this may not be possible. Set yourself smaller goals such as ‘I will do 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, and 20 lunges every morning when I get up’; as well as ‘I will go for a 15 minute walk with the kids before we have lunch every day.’ If you do small blocks of exercise each day, they will add up. It doesn’t have to be all at once to see results. Check out our ideas for exercise here.
- Avoid the ‘all or nothing’ mentality.We all have good days and bad days. But if you have a bad day and make a few unhealthy choices, don’t use that as a reason to give up. Accept that you are human and that most of the time you are doing really well.
- Recruit a buddy. There are so many good reasons for getting yourself a weight loss and exercise buddy. Again, it’s about supporting each other. A buddy can keep you on track and help you stay ‘up’ on your low days. Plus there’s nothing like a bit of healthy competition!
- Keep track of your progress. Write down your goals and put them on your mirror so you see them each day. Note down your stats each week on our member area – seeing the graph go down down down is a huge motivation.
- Choose to live a healthy lifestyle – as opposed to just being focused on ‘I must lose weight.’ This is a whole new lifestyle, not just a couple of weeks. If you eat well and exercise regularly, the weight loss will come in time.
- Need to get inspired with some healthy meal ideas?
- How about a few new smoothie recipes?
- Or perhaps a quick read of some other mum’s success stories will put a pep in your step?
Keep going. You can do it!
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Click HERE to see our shop