Here at Lose Baby Weight we just LOVE finding tasty ways to use up leftovers. They can make a great meal in a flash – so don’t ever toss anything out!
Today we threw this salad together in about 2 minutes – and it was delicious.
Next time you cook a roast, be sure to cook up some extra veggies so that you can use them the next day.
We talked recently about the golden rules for salad making, and this one ticks all the boxes.
The base for the salad was some fresh and crisp baby spinach. We added colour and flair with the leftover pumpkin, onion and broccoli, plus some cous cous; protein and crunch with the tamari almonds (recipe to make your own here); more flair and colour with the Parmesan; and then dressed it simply with the juice of half a lemon (the veggies still retained some of their oil from the roasting).
There’s no way your salads will be dull if you follow these simple rules.
How do you like to use your leftovers?
- 2 cups leftover veggies (we used pumpkin, onion and broccoli)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup cous cous
- ¼ cup hot water
- Handful of tamari almonds
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the cous cous by placing it in a shallow bowl with the hot water. Allow to stand for 5 minutes until the water has been soaked up. Fluff up with a fork.
- Place the spinach, vegetables, almonds, and cous cous into a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Squeeze over the juice of the lemon and then sprinkle with the Parmesan. Season to taste and serve.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 395.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop