Here is a great one pot meal that will feed a family of 6 (or provide delicious leftovers).
And yes, even the pasta is cooked in the same pot!
Save time on washing up and mess by creating this tasty one pot wonder for a healthy eating mid-week meal in around 30 minutes.
Try to find wholegrain spaghetti if you can – it’s a much healthier option when you are trying to lose pregnancy weight.
This healthy recipe contains 6 different vegetables so it’s a great way to pack in lots of nutrition and vitamins.
If you would prefer not to use the wine, simply use 3 cups of stock instead of 2.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 medium mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp minced chilli (optional)
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 800g tinned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g wholemeal spaghetti
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, to serve
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over med/high heat – the pan needs to be big enough to hold all of the bolognese and the spaghetti too.
- Cook the onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the chilli, if using, and then add the zucchini and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the mince to the pan and brown the mince for around 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and stock.
- Season to taste and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add your spaghetti to the pan (you may need to break the pasta in half if your pan isn’t big enough).
- Simmer, uncovered, for around 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, stirring several times during the cooking time.
- Sprinkle over the fresh basil leaves, and then serve with the Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 493.
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!
Next months theme is the SLOW COOKING AND ONE POT WINTER WONDERS! – Perfect for the chilly winter weather, SUPER easy to whip up and still just as healthy.
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a 28 Day Challenge recipe pack for you to try HERE.
Find a delicious range of healthy recipes, packed full of energy boosting ingredients and nutrients together with easy to achieve exercise.