When it comes to healthy eating, one of the least fun parts is washing up after cooking a meal.
So today we have a healthy eating one pot wonder that will produce a delicious roast chicken and vegetable meal that the whole family will love.
Feel free to add any other roasting vegetables that you like to the pan – such as zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, beetroot or capsicum.
When you are trying to lose pregnancy weight, it’s a great idea to enjoy a rainbow of colourful vegetables so that you are taking in loads of vitamins and minerals.
- 500g chicken thighs, drumsticks or breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole bulb garlic, cut in half
- 3 small onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 potatoes or 1 medium sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 3 small chillis (optional), whole
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil (if you have one, use a dish that can go from stove to oven) on medium/high.
- Add the garlic and onions, and stir fry for around 4 minutes to get a little colour.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chilli and chicken.
- Season to taste and add the rosemary.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn everything over and then add the lemon juice and zest.
- Stir well and then cook for a further 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked well and the veggies are browned.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 265 (based on using chicken thighs and sweet potato)
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!
Next months theme is the SLOW COOKING AND ONE POT WINTER WONDERS! – Perfect for the chilly winter weather, SUPER easy to whip up and still just as healthy.
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a 28 Day Challenge recipe pack for you to try HERE.
Find a delicious range of healthy recipes, packed full of energy boosting ingredients and nutrients together with easy to achieve exercise.