Whenever you are trying to lose weight, tone up, lose stomach fat or just trying to be more healthy – late night snacking can be a real issue when it comes to ruining your good efforts in the day from following the Lose Baby Weight plans
You sit there after having done exercise and having eaten well and then it all seems to go out out of the window when you turn into a mummy version of the cookie monster and eat everything the cupboard or fridge has in site!
So can you combat after dinner snacking so that your weight loss plans are not ruined? Yes you can and see our top strategies below to get you through the late night munchies.
And a point to note too is that if you are breastfeeding it is totally normal to be hungrier than normal and you should snack more as your body has greater energy needs – just snack on healthy foods and not junk.
Top 12 ideas to stop overeating at night time
- Brush your teeth after dinner to immediately take cravings away
- Ensure your dinner has enough protein, veggies and wholegrains in to keep you feeling full
- Allow yourself a treat – it could be a couple some of the Healthy Mummy chocolate treats or see here for 10 snacks under 100 calories
- If you had a light dinner allow yourself a small fruit salad with low fat yoghurt on
- If you are craving something sweet try a few frozen grapes or raspberries that will take a while to get through
- Have a cup of tea
- Have a cup of iced water with lemons in
- Do something other than just watch TV – like some floor exercises such as leg raises, core work, mini push ups
- Take your mind off eating and read something or look at something online
- Make sure you do not have any junk food in the house so that you have no temptation
- Remember you ate dinner and your body is full. It is just your mind playing tricks with you – unless you are breastfeeding and then you are probably hungry so have an extra snack.
- It takes 21 days to break a habit so do this every day for 21 days and the need to munch at night will be GONE
- If you are still really hungry after all of this then make sure you go for healthy and good snacks – see our snack section here for ideas
With a little bit of focus and dedication you can do it so believe in yourself and YOU CAN GET THERE and if you need extra help Lose Baby Weight is here to help!
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout.