Staying motivated when losing baby weight is crucial when on your weight loss plans and it can mean the difference between hitting your goals and target weight and missing them – and remaining overweight.
So what are our top ten tips for keeping motivated when losing your baby weight?
- Know why you are losing your weight. This is critical as this is what will keep you going when you feel like giving up or when you feel like it is getting too hard or you are getting tired. It could be because you want to get back into your pre pregnancy clothes. Or it could be because you want to be healthy. Or it because you want to look slimmer when you go to an event in a few months time. Or it could be because you are sick of being over weight. Or it could because you want to have energy for running around with your children. Or it could be because you want more children but need to get to a healthy weight first. Whatever your reason find it and think about it EVERY DAY. For me it was because I didn’t want to use having a baby as an excuse to not being fit and healthy and the same size I was before. I didn’t want the fact that I had a baby to alter the relationship I had with my body and I knew that if I worked hard I could get to the same weight as I was before bubba and through hard work I have achieved that.
- Find a plan that works for you and that gets you results. There is nothing more motivating than seeing the number on the scales go down each week as it keeps you wanting to succeed and keep seeing the same results each week. So find a plan that works for you and that you can stick to for a couple of months. The Lose Baby Weight plans are often easy for mums to stick to as the healthy mummy smoothies are super quick to make, are packed full of nutrition, can be used in breastfeeding, are very yummy, keep you full plus you eat 6 – 7 times a day and have a healthy meal that your whole family can have so it is easy to stick to – plus the exercise is easy to incorporate into a sleep deprived mums life and most importantly easy to stick to!
- Put a picture of you when you are at your goal weight on your fridge and every time you think about eating something in the fridge that picture will greet you and remind you that you need to discipline yourself if you are going to look like that again
- Tell your friends and family that you are on a weight loss plan and need their support so that you can lose your weight – the more support you have the more likely you are to stick to your weight loss plan
- Don’t stock bad foods in the house as in moments of weakness – which there will be – you will eat them!
- Get into a routine of getting up and doing some kind of exercise. Set your alarm 15 minutes early and get up. Don’t think about it – just do it. If you think about it you will procrastinate and find excuses not to do it. Doing 15 minutes of exercises like mini push ups and sit ups will make a difference if you do them every day – see some more ideas here.
- Accept that their will be bad days and their will be good days – just make the most of the good days and minimise the bad days – for example on a bad day when you want to pig out – only pig out on veggies and fruit
- Find a friend to do exercise with or go walking with – you are less likely to cancel on them
- Write out your goals to remember why you are doing what you are doing and put them on your fridge and use our free members tracking area to help you stay motivated
- Focus on living a healthy lifestyle and diet as opposed to obsessing about losing weight – the weight loss will be a by-product of your new healthy lifestyle.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here – with free express postage if you order the book on its own
Click HERE to see our shop