If you love a mid afternoon cookie or biscuit but find they are ruining your weight loss efforts then we have the solution!
Try our healthy chickpea shortbread cookies – super tasty, super easy and only 160 cals per THREE cookies!
These are a recipe from our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge – you can learn more about the Challenge here
These cookies are delicious and are made with healthy ingredients. This recipe serves 6 so store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week to add to lunch boxes or enjoy as a snack with a cup of herbal tea.
Prepare the dough ahead of time and allow it to rest
Ingredients (Makes 6 serves)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (62.5 mls)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (5 mls)
- 2 cups chickpea flour (200 grams)
- Using electric beaters, cream coconut oil with sugar and vanilla. Add chickpea flour and mix with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured board until smooth. Roll out to 2cm thick and place in fridge to rest for two hours.
- Remove dough from fridge, preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut dough into 18 shapes. Place on prepared tray, leaving a small gap between each one. Bake for 25 minutes until just golden.
- 3 cookies is 1 serve.