Motivating Mum Flilz has been following the Lose Baby Weight healthy eating plans and has sent in her delish recipe for a Healthy Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrot and Spinach bake.
You can read Filiz’s 25kg weight loss and latest update here.
As we all know the traditional creamy bakes are packed full of calories and often not allowed when following a healthy eating plan. Filiz’s bake uses a combination of low fat cheeses to keep the creamy flavour but keeps the calories down.
You can serve this bake as a main or as a side dish with some grilled Steak, oven baked Salmon or even your Sunday Roast.
For the sauce
- 1 tub of light cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup of low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs whole grain mustard
- Half a head of Cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 2 heads of Broccoli cut into small pieces
- 2 medium Carrots cut into small pieces
- 3 cups of Baby Spinach
- Extra low fat cheese for adding on top before baking
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg
- Steam all the veggies (except spinach) until soft but not too soft, they still need to be firm
- Place veggies into a baking dish and set aside
- For the sauce you need to add all ingredients into a saucepan and cook on a low/medium heat for about 8 mins stirring to melt the cheeses
- Once your sauce is ready tip over the veggies, add spinach and mix well and top with the extra cheese
- Bake in oven about 20 mins or until golden brown and enjoy
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here