Mum Linda Hallas has lost 40kg following the Lose Baby Weight healthy eating plans and Linda has done it again with creating a delicious and healthy snack for us to enjoy.
You can see Linda’s latest update here.
Linda’s healthy caramel slice is made using a combination of Macadamia Nuts and Dates and is a much healthier alternative to the original sugar loaded caramel slice.
- 1 cup Macadamias
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 50 grams 70% Cocoa Lindt Chocolate
- Place the dates and water into a small pot on low temp and mix until all water has evaporated
- Set aside to cool
- Next add the macadamias to a food processor and process until crumbly
- Slowly add the cooled dates and process until it forms a paste
- Press the mix into soft form tray or a lined baking tray using back of spoon
- Next melt the chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well each time
- Spread the chocolate over the top of the nut and date mixture using the back of a spoon
- When chocolate has cooled and begun to set make slice marks through chocolate and caramel prior to putting in the freezer to prevent cracking when slicing
- Freeze for at least 3 hours and slice when ready.
Slice is best stored in the freezer in an airtight container
Calories Per Serve 147
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here
And join our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges here