There are some foods and drinks that are quintessentially Christmasy, and rum balls have to be up there on the list with mince pies and egg nog.
There are so many ways to make your Christmas favourites in a healthier way and rum balls are no exception to the Lose Baby Weight makeover.
The traditional recipe for rum balls calls for sugary biscuits and condensed milk as the main ingredients, which are not great when you are trying to lose weight.
This healthier version uses almond meal and honey instead, so you know that you are not going to undo all the hard work you’ve already put in.
Instead of peanut butter, feel free to substitute with cashew or almond butter instead.
- ¾ cup sultanas
- Rum or rum essence
- 1 cup desiccated coconut + extra for rolling
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp good quality cocoa or cacao
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey OR maple syrup OR rice bran syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Place the sultanas in a shallow bowl and add enough rum to just cover them. Leave for at least an hour to soak up the flavours, then drain.
- Melt the peanut butter in a large bowl in the microwave until soft and runny.
- Place the sultanas and all of the other ingredients into the bowl and mix well.
- Wet your hands and roll the mixture into balls. You may need to really squash it tightly together in order to form the ball.
- Place the extra coconut on a plate and roll each ball in it to coat it all over.
- Place in the fridge to firm up before serving.
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots more results and you can join here too
Megan Lost 18kgs* with the 28 Day Challenges
Megan says: “I have been on the Lose Baby Weight 28 Day Challenges for nearly 12 months. In that time I have lost 18kgs* but the confidence and happiness I have gained is so much more. The anxiety that used to rule my life barely exists anymore.
The 28 Day Challenges have been amazing for our family. The customise tool is the best. So easy to use and there are so many recipes you would be crazy not to find something you love. I find a new favourite meal every week!!
They are quick and easy. I am very far from a good cook but these meals are so easy even I can cook them. And the best part of all is no need to make separate meals because they are husband and child friendly!!!”
The EXCELLENT news is that that next 28 day weight loss challenge is the BELLY BUSTER CHALLENGE and this is a sure fire way to tone your tummy and lose stomach fat
Lauren Breedt has lost an incredible 46kgs* and her “overhang” using the 28 Day Weight Loss Plans.
Jade Shaw has used the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges to lose 30kgs* and eliminate her excess tummy fat.
Nicole Daniels‘ “overhang” is non-existent after losing 27kgs* on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges
Tamara Deborah lost 35kgs*and countless cm’s from her tummy using the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenges and Healthy Mummy Smoothies.
Stacey Chisholm has lost 21kg* and her ‘overhang’. Stacey says “I love it how I have found a program that works for me! Lose Baby Weight has given me my confidence back!! I never thought there was so much support around until I met everyone on the same journey”
To join these inspirational women, along with thousands of other mums on our next 28 Day Weight Challenge, you can sign up here today.