If your kids are fans of fish fingers, have you ever thought about making them yourself for a healthy eating family meal?
And unlike the type served up at a café or bistro, these are made crispy using the oven rather than a deep fryer, which means they are also perfect for when you are trying to lose pregnancy weight.
Try serving these with salad, wedges of fresh lemon, and a homemade dipping sauce such as our tzatziki or creamy spinach dip.
- 400g white fish, cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (try to make with wholemeal bread if you can)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil + olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest, salt and pepper, and olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat your egg.
- Dip the fish pieces into the egg, followed by the breadcrumb mixture.
- Press the fish down firmly on both sides so that the mixture sticks to the fish.
- Place the fish onto the tray and spray each piece with olive oil.
- Bake in the hot oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning half way through.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 285.
Join 1000’s of other mums who want to feel healthier and happier and sign up for the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge now.
Need to stock up on Healthy Mummy Smoothies? Then see our shop here