Here are four delicious healthy eating dips that each have just 4 ingredients.
Try serving with grilled meats, BBQ’d fish, on a sandwich or wrap, as a side order for a fresh salad, with grilled prawns, with lamb chops, with a roast chicken – anywhere you like.
Making your own healthy eating dips are a great way to enjoy the flavours you love without the added sugars, salts and oils that are found in commercial dips.
Feel free to add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 large telegraph cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely diced
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and bring together with a spoon.
- Serves 4. Calories per serve: 105
Chunky Mango and Avocado Salsa
- 2 ripe avocadoes, peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, de-seeded and cut into same size chunks as avocado
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into same size chunks
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and bring together gently with a spoon.
- Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 195.
Roast Eggplant Dip
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Prick the eggplant with a fork, and then roast under a hot grill for 10 minutes until charred, turning halfway through.
- Add the whole garlic cloves for the final 6 minutes, turn halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the garlic and the eggplant and discard the skins.
- Place in a food processor with the lemon juice and tahini and blitz until smooth.
- Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 173.
Creamy Spinach Dip
- ¾ cup low fat Greek yoghurt
- 150g cooked baby spinach
- 200g light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup low fat cheddar, grated
- Heat your oven to 190C.
- Blitz the yoghurt, spinach, cream cheese and ¾ of the cheddar in a food processor.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and top with final ¼ of the cheese.
- Bake for around 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 147.