We all have days where we don’t feel on top of our game.
The kids are whining, the washing machine is on the blink, or you’re just cleaning Weet Bix off the high chair for the 100th time that week.
Sometimes you need to take a step back and do something that just feels good.
Try one of our ideas and see if you get a smile back on your dial.
- Pump up your favourite tunes and dance around the room with your kids. For me, that’s usually anything from my 80’s hits CD.
- Play a game that you know makes your children crack up laughing. At our house something as simple as peek-a-boo or a bit of a tickle gets my boy laughing, and then I can’t help but giggle too.
- Do 10 star jumps. Besides the fact you might feel a bit like you’re in an 80’s exercise class, doing a burst of exercise can help to release endorphins (the feel-good hormone).
- Think of five great things in your life. Maybe you’re having a bad day but what about being thankful for your great partner, your gorgeous kids, your new red shoes, your scented bubble bath, and your haircut booked for next Saturday.
- Phone a friend who always makes you smile. Having a chat with a pal is a great way to get your giggle on.
- Go for a walk. There’s nothing like getting out of the house to make the fog of a day disappear. For me getting outdoors for a walk can also get rid of my baby’s cabin fever which makes him cranky and want to throw toys around the room. Or at my head.
- Watch a classic film that you love. Depending on the film, you may have to wait until the kids are in bed (unless you just happen to love Finding Nemo).
- Go online and watch a silly video. Personally, this one works for me. Every. Single. Time.
- Tackle something on your to-do list. There’s nothing like ticking off a task to make you feel a sense of accomplishment.
- Make some popcorn. There’s something about the noise that just makes you smile.
- Give someone you don’t know a compliment. Something as simple as ‘I really love your hat’ could really make someone’s day. Their happiness will be contagious.
- Do something that you’re good at. That could be baking some bread, starting a painting, anything!
- Clean up. Yes that’s right, clean up. Sometimes getting the room you’re in organised (even if that just means putting all the toys in one corner) can make you feel like you’ve accomplished something.
- Make a plan for fun. If you are too busy and organised frivolity is the only way for you to get smiley, then so be it. Arrange a catch up with some girlfriends so that you have something to look forward to when your baby smears Weet Bix on the high chair for the 101st time.
If you or anyone you know needs help with Post Natal Depression please visit www.panda.org.au for advice and support
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout.
Click HERE to see our shop