Losing weight and trying to lose stomach fat can drive many mums crazy, but what are some easy exercises and tips for mums who are wanting to lose weight? Amanda from www.blueskyfitness.com.au has given her top tips on how to lose weight
Top Tips For Exercise & Weight Loss
- Always make your workouts different – test your body, don’t let it get used to doing the same thing over and over again. ‘The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect to get results.’
- Don’t weigh yourself – I know this is how most of you will want to measure success of and your progress to losing weight. This is really the worst thing you can do when you start exercising! I have trained so many women, that can lose a dress size, but haven’t changed on the scales. WHY? The reason for this is your weight shows your current levels of body fat, muscle, hydration status (fluid levels!) and the weight of your organs, bones, blood etc. Therefore if you drink more water, you will gain weight. If you build more muscle, you will gain weight. However these things can off-set losses in body fat. Long term you will see the scales decrease, but it is not something you should be measuring on a daily or weekly basis. Muscle weighs more than fat, which is another reason not to hop on the scales, as you will be building muscle when you exercise. The more muscle you build (not bulk out!), the more calories you will burn after exercising. So how can I measure progress? Take your measurements, pick a piece of clothing you want to fit into, or want to feel more comfortable in. Let that be your guide. Take some photos if you want too.
- Stretching – is REALLY important to re-lengthen your muscles after exercising, so that you don’t exercise on shortened muscles.
- Eat well 80% of the time – think about the combination of good carbs, good fats and protein at each meal and look at the Lose Baby Weight Plans to help you.
- Don’t think about going on a ‘diet’, think about it as a lifestyle change.
- Take sugar out of your diet for 2 weeks and see how much better you feel – that is – cakes, biscuits, high sugar cereals, fizzy drinks, processed breads, pasta etc. There are LOADS of alternatives.
- Take Wheat and dairy out of your diet and notice how much more energy you have and how much less bloated you feel. There are Loads of alternatives.
- Exercise in the mornings. I do it while my daughter is still asleep (most of the time) in bed, and my hubby is still home. Then it is over and done with for the day. It will give you more energy to get through the day, as well as make you more productive!
- If you want to get results, give it 110% each time you exercise. The key is to PUSH as hard as you can. Make your workout count, especially if you are short on time, which most of us are!
- Have fun, enjoy yourself and have a positive CAN DO attitude!
To see the more exercises sign up to our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. You will get access to 800 delicious, healthy recipes, customisable meal plans with shopping lists and 28 days of at home, time-efficient exercises for busy mums just like you. See all the details here