Even with the best diet plan and exercise program, no one can truly succeed in weight loss without having the motivation to get to where they want to be.
Motivation is what gets the ball rolling but we need to keep it going to get through the hard times.
From my experience here are some tried and tested techniques that actually work.
- Have a goal in mind – whether it be a monthly goal or a long term goal, create a mental picture of how you want your body to look, or even find a picture and stick it on the fridge – that way if you get tempted to have a binge the picture will be staring back at you!
- Reward yourself for every 5kgs you lose – not with food, but will a new handbag or facial, something that will make you feel special.
- Don’t allow yourself to feel deprived. If there is a certain food you cannot live without, schedule it into you diet mid morning once or twice a week, that way you can burn it off throughout the day, and not feel guilty.
- Have a ‘cheat meal’ once a week. This gets some people through those first few weeks. Once your new healthy lifestyle becomes a habit – you will no longer need to call it a cheat meal, you will naturally allow yourself to give into your cravings occasionally.
- Exercise with a buddy, that way if your feeling lazy you have someone to help you get moving again.
- If you have a pet take them out for walks daily, you will both benefit from the movement and fresh air.
- Sleep in your workout clothes if you plan to train in the morning, you will feel more motivated to get up and go for that morning jog.
- Plan meals weekly in advance, do all your shopping for the week on a Sunday or Monday including snacks, that way you will be less likely to opt for take away or fast food. The 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan can be a big help with this
- Use the free Lose Baby Weight weight loss tracking tool – it is a great tool to help you track your measurement, weight and exercise each day
- Don’t quit if it takes time to see results. It takes 9 months to grow and nourish a baby, and it will likely take the same amount of time to lose that weight. Slow and steady is the key to long term weight loss, creating a real healthy mummy!
Written by Elisha Danine, Nutritionist
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout.