Consuming fruits as part of your healthy eating plan is highly nutritious and your body is rewarded with so many benefits from eating fruits.
Fruits are not your enemy. Some fruits even contain many nutritional substances that will actually burn fat, not make your body gain it. Here are list of some of the fruits that will help you burn the fat on your body and help you to lose weight.
Top Six Fruits To Lose Fat
1) Banana – Banana’s are filled with fibre that help curb appetite and make the body burn fat. The indigestible fibers in bananas, or a resistant starch, block carbs from being absorbed by the body. This makes the body burn fat as energy instead of the carbs. Its believed that bananas contain certain enzymes that help speed up digestion, and elimination, causing weight loss. The potassium in bananas helps build muscle that will in turn burn fat. The great thing about banana’s is, its such an easy food to throw in your handbag for that mid morning snack on the run!
2) Grapefruit – Grapefruits contain the antioxidant naringenin which evens out insulin levels. By reducing the affects of insulin in your body, grapefruit contributes to weight loss. Grapefruit benefits your body tremendously by suppling lots of Vitamin C, which is one of the most effective nutrients that will help strengthen immune function Grapefruit also has a high supply of fiber which will help avoid constipation. If you eat half a grapefruit a day, you will receive 25 percent of the daily recommended amount.
3) Blueberries – Catechins found in blueberries activate fat-burning genes in abdominal fat cells to assist with weight loss, and belly fat loss in particular. Even though we all know blueberries have an abundance of antioxidant which help boost our immune system, more recent finding have show that blueberries contain more powerful fat blasting abilities and its called “polyphenols” its a groups of chemicals that can cut the number of fat cells in the body and have been shown to fight adipogenesis, which is the development of fat cells, and induce lipolysis, which is the breakdown of lipids/fat. A handful of blueberries on your oatmeal or healthy mummy smoothie in the morning?
4) Tomatoes –These fruits are packed with a whole lot of vitamin c and phytonutrients that both are fat fighters Vitamin C is what enables our bodies to burn fat that is already stored with exercise. The phytonutrient caretenoid serves as an antioxidant for our body that helps with losing weight and cardiovascular health. There is a compound in tomatoes called 9-oxo-octadecadienoic which impares circulating blood lipids resulting in fat reduction. Just another reason to add more tomatoes onto your salad each night!
5) Pomegranate – pomegranate’s are filled with antioxidants that get rid of the unwanted toxins in our body. The type of antioxidants in pomegranates are polyphenols, and these antioxidants boost the body’s metabolism. The high amount of dietary fibre, both soluble and insoluble in pomegranate juice helps to improve digestion and regulate bowel movement. Since it has no saturated fats or cholesterol, it is highly recommended for those aiming to lose weight.
6) Apples – An apple a day keeps the doctor aways, so the saying goes! But did you know why?? Well apples are low in calories and fat, and contain vitamins and minerals as well as fibre. These can all help you to lose weight in different ways. The fiber helps you feel full longer! Apples are a low-sodium food that are great food for a healthy diet. Keeping your sodium low will help prevent excess water weight, or retention. And, the vitamins benefit you by increasing health and vitality. Of course, being active helps burn extra calories to speed up weight loss.
Easter is nearly here and if you are worried about sugar & calorie overload this Easter then NEVER FEAR – the Healthy Mummy is here!
And this April – straight after Easter, we are running our 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge SUGAR DETOX SPECIAL
Designed to help you detox from Sugar and lose weight
Get your FREE Sugar Detox recipe sampler below and see why detoxing from sugar – plus losing weight – has never been easier
Results from mums on the 28 Day Challenge
Mums lose an average of 4-6kg (8-13 pounds) on our 28 Day Challenge and below are some of the amazing results from mums JUST LIKE YOU who are already using the 28 Day Challenge and losing tummy fat – make the change and join them today too!
You can see lots of more results and you can join here too
Ash Loses 26kgs (57 pounds) on 7 Challenges
Ash says: “The 28 Day Challenges have changed my life. This was never a diet but a complete lifestyle change for me, and I committed to it 100% I’ve never experienced such a positive experience as I have with this plan IT WORKS. It’s perfectly put together for mums and so manageable.”
Take control of your health and get rid of those unwanted kgs for good.
You won’t regret it!