Sick of serving up the same fish dish every week? Get a little bit creative with these super easy, super yummy thai inspired fish parcels.
Fish is an especially good choice when you’re trying to lose weight, due to its high protein and low fat content, making it a filling meal, without the extra calories.
Fresh fish, in particular the oily varieties like salmon and tuna, is also a great source of healthy unsaturated fats.
We need these types of fat in our diet as they provide our bodies with a whole range of vitamins and antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of things like heart disease and diabetes, as well as keeping our weight under control.
We also get a helping of omega 3 and omega 6 when we eat fish. These two essential fatty acids can’t be produced naturally by our bodies, which means we need to get them from the food we eat.
Omega 3’s are an especially clever multitasker as they help keep our heart healthy, while also preventing the development of type 2 diabetes and easing the pain of arthritis.
If you’ve got a baby on board, or are breastfeeding your little one, omega 3 should be a regular inclusion in your diet as it plays a significant role in the development of a baby’s brain and vision.
It makes sense to enjoy fish once or twice a week, to reap the benefits of all that goodness, but finding new and tasty ways to prepare it, can be tricky!
Steering clear of batter and deep frying is best when you’re trying to lose weight or mainatin a healthy diet. These delicious little parcels use oven baked fish and fresh herbs and spices for flavour, removing the excess oil and heavy coating that adds calories to your typical fish fillet.
- 4 x skinless, boneless, firm white fish fillets
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (Indonesian soy sauce, available in the Asian food section of the supermarket)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 1 lemongrass stalk, washed and finely chopped (or snipped with sharp scissors)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (freshly squeezed or from a bottle)
- Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Cut four squares of baking paper and lightly spray with vegetable oil
- Place fish fillets in the centre of the baking paper
- Combine kecap manis, sesame oil, honey, garlic and lime juice in a small bowl
- Pour marinade over each fillet
- Sprinkle lemongrass and diced chilli over the top of each fillet
- Seal the parcel by bringing the ends up and folding over snugly.
- Place on a baking tray and into the oven for 15 minutes
- Serve while hot
These taste great served with brown or basmati rice and steamed greens. Yum!
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine that are safe in breastfeeding and can help support your milk supply.
And don’t forget to check out our current promotions and discounts page to see what specials we have on this week on our Healthy Mummy product range