For a quick and easy marinade, you really can’t go past this combination.
Sweet, sticky and spicy are all great flavours to combine with some roasted chicken for a healthy eating meal.
Try serving this with some brown rice, stir fried Asian greens such as bok choy, or some corn on the cob for a feast for the senses.
Making your own healthy eating marinade is simple once you have the basics in the pantry.
Simply blitz it all in a food processor and you’re good to go.
Naturally you can leave out the chilli if you are making this for kids – or add even more if you like it hot!
- 1kg of chicken thighs, breasts or drumsticks
- 2 medium brown onions, peeled and diced
- 2 small red chillis
- 1 thumb sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 stick of lemongrass, white part only
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 green shallots, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C, line a tray with baking paper, and place the chicken pieces on top.
- Place the chilli, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce and honey into a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the chicken and rub in to ensure an even coating.
- Throw the onions in with the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning half way through.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and shallots before serving.
Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 288 (based on using 1kg of chicken thighs).
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop