Making food look fun is one of my favorite things to do and it is for this reason that I like to make finger food and food that can be easily picked at – which makes healthy meal times fun.
It is also great for little toddlers who like to use their fingers to eat (like mine does!) and I find it captures their interest more at meal time.
I love to make stuffed cherry tomatoes – they are tasty, low fat, are great for your healthy eating and pregnancy weight loss plan and are quick and easy to make.
Plus they are great to serve with a Quiona salad or just a normal salad and some wholemeal pitta bread.
- 48 cherry tomatoes
- 100g natural goat’s cheese
- 100g of flaked fish (use any white fish and break it up – you could also use minced turkey/chicken)
- Handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 100g of peas (you can use frozen ones)
- Combine the cheese, peas, fish, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mash with a fork to combine all the ingredients.
- Halve each tomato. Carefully scoop out the pulp using a teaspoon or a serrated grapefruit spoon if you have one. Discard the pulp.
- Fill the tomato halves with around 1 tsp. of the cheese mixture. Arrange on a platter. If you like, top with a dressing or extra fresh basil leaves.
Recipe serves 24. Calories per serving (8 tomato halves): 82 calories, fat per serving (8 tomato halves): 5.8g
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine. And don’t forget to check out our current promotions and discounts page to see what specials we have on this week on our Healthy Mummy product range