This frozen yoghurt slice will satisfy any ice cream craving that you may have and it will not de-rail you from your healthy eating plan.
It is refined sugar free and totally delicious!
- 400g natural yoghurt
- 4 cups of strawberries
- 1tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/4cup almond meal
- 1/4cup oats
- 2tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1tbsp Cacao
- Take the strawberries put in a pot on the stove, add a tiny bit of water, let them heat up and start to break down. Once they are soft you can set aside to cool.
- While the strawberries are cooling you can work on the chocolate topping
- Blend the dates,almond meal,oats,rice malt syrup and cacao in a food processor until well combined. Can add a little water to bring the mix together if needed.
- Once strawberries are cooled mix with the yoghurt and honey. (You can add as little or as much of the strawberry mix to the yoghurt, it’s up to you)
- Pour the yoghurt mix in the pan(I used a silicone loaf pan) and pop in the freezer
- 2 to 3hrs later, check on the yoghurt mix, if it is starting to harden, you can no spoon the Chocolate topping over the top
- Leave in for another hour or two until it’s completely hard
- Optional you can melt some dark chocolate and spoon over the top and present with a strawberry
This recipe serves 6, 190 calories per serve
Submitted by Ash Petroff