When you’re on a mission to lose pregnancy weight, sometimes you can get stuck in a breakfast rut and continually eat the same foods.
Mix it up at breakfast time by making this delicious, filling omelette which is packed with protein, iron, calcium and folate and is suitable to be included in your healthy eating plan.
Egg white omelettes are low in calories and can be served at breakfast or as a nutritious lunch option.
While separating egg whites from the yolks can be a little tricky, you can now buy egg whites in cartons from most major supermarkets. This makes creating egg white omelettes faster and easier, especially when you’re running short on time.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large handful of baby spinach, finely chopped
- 2 x tablespoons of reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh chives
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Use feta cheese instead of ricotta
- Add sliced mushrooms or chopped cherry tomatoes
- Use whole eggs instead of egg whites
- Add fresh basil leaves instead of chives
- Spray a non-stick pan with olive oil cooking spray and warm up on a hot burner.
- Once hot, add the egg whites and reduce the heat to medium.
- Once the egg whites just start to turn from clear to white, scatter the spinach, chives and ricotta cheese over the top of the omelette.
- Carefully fold over the side of the omelette to create a half moon shape.
- Cook for a further 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Take off the burner and serve on a plate, cut in half.
Serves: 1. Calories per serve: 118.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop