Here’s a new take on the traditional falafel – spicy falafel burgers!
Instead of the usual golf ball sized patties you simply make these into a classic burger shape.
You can tailor the chilli levels to your own tastes, but they really do benefit from having a bit of kick.
Then it’s up to you how you’d like to serve them:
- As a bunless burger with loads of fresh salad and garlic aioli
- In a toasted wholemeal pita bread with tomato salsa and guacamole
- In a wrap with some hommus or tzatziki
- 400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp plain flour (try to use wholemeal if you have it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Place all ingredients except the oil into a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Use wet hands to shape the mixture into 4 burger shaped patties.
- Heat the oil in a pan over med/high heat.
- Fry the burgers for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
Serves: 4. Calories per serve: 175.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop