Stir frying is a great low fat option for healthy cooking. But instead of serving it with rice or pasta, why not go a bit Tex Mex and wrap it up in a tortilla?
There are some great wholegrain tortillas available these days, which are super tasty.
You can personalise this to your hearts content with your favourite toppings (avocado, coriander, and fresh lime works well). Or play it straight and serve it as is.
If you wanted to go for an even lower calorie option you could even serve it without the wraps. Still delicious!
- Olive oil spray
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons chilli (freshly chopped, from a jar, or chilli powder) to taste
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thickly
- 1 cup of sliced capsicum: red, green or yellow
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- Flour tortillas and sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat a frying pan over medium to high heat. Spray on the olive oil and once hot, add in the chicken. Brown the chicken all over, then add the chilli and cook for a minute.
- Place the chicken in a bowl to one side. In the same pan add the onion and capsicum and cook until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and the chicken, cover with the lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Roll up into warm wholegrain tortillas with a dollop of sour cream.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 260.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
Click HERE to see our shop