Whether you are trying to lose weight, or just eat well, it’s so important to get your recommended 2 serves of fruit and 5 serves of veggies each day.
And if you’re keen to up your veggie intake, this is a great recipe that uses 5 great vegetables to make a colourful salmon pasta dish in next to no time.
Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which are said to keep your heart healthy.
You could always omit the pasta if you would prefer to serve this as a stir fry instead with some brown rice, more veggies, or some cous cous.
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red and 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- ½ broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 200g pasta of your choice (try to find wholemeal)
- Rinse the salmon and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Pour over the soy sauce, honey and tomato sauce.
- Use your fingers to rub sauce into the salmon.
- Cover and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to the packet directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan on high and cook the salmon for 4 mins each side. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat the other tbsp oil and stir fry your vegetables for 3-5 minutes until tender but still with bite. Add to the pasta.
- Shred the salmon and toss through the pasta.