Here is a totally delicious salad, perfect for a healthy and nutritious lunch for one.
This recipe came about when my toddler refused to eat his corn and peas – which meant I needed to find a way to use them up.
There is so much colour and some wonderful fresh flavours in this salad.
It could also benefit from a handful of fresh herbs if you have any (think basil, coriander or parsley).
Keeping good quality Parmesan in the fridge is a great way to add a little indulgence to a healthy meal.
The good thing is that you don’t need to use very much so it’s not going to cause a calorie blow out.
- ½ cup of cooked peas
- 1 corn on the cob, corn removed (or use half a can)
- Big handful of baby spinach
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, corn, spinach, tomato and carrot.
- Squeeze over the juice of the lemon, and then add the zest.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, season to taste, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 1. Calories per serve: 349.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan has now launched as an 84pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Click HERE to see our shop