Salted caramel flavour is so popular right now, but resist the ready-made treats and whip up this decadent and HEALTHY recipe. Thanks to Healthy Mummy member Shelley, we can indulge and still lose baby weight!
Salted Caramel Cups
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for at least 20-30 minutes then drained)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (I used smooth)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup (can add more if you prefer it sweeter and a thinner consistency)
- Good pinch of sea salt (can use any salt)
- 250 g dark chocolate (I used Old Gold 70%, using different brand/type will change calories)
- Melt 150g dark chocolate using your preferred method then add one teaspoon of chocolate into each silicon mould or patty case
- Tilt moulds/cases so chocolate goes around the base and up the side. (You may need to repeat this step a few times so that the chocolate, when set, creates a thick wall)
- Pop in fridge to set
- Blitz drained dates until broken down
- Add peanut butter, water, maple syrup and salt and blitz until smooth and well combined
- Remove chocolate casing from fridge
- Add teaspoon of caramel into each chocolate case and smooth it down
- Melt remaining 100g of chocolate using your prefered method and spoon over the top of the caramel
- * Optional – sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt
- Pop back into the fridge to set
- Keep stored in the fridge
Makes 18 – 120 calories each
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!
Next months theme is the METABOLISM BOOSTING – Perfect for increasing your energy, boosting your health and getting you ready for SPRING.
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a FREE 28 Day Challenge METABOLISM BOOSTING recipe and exercise pack for you to try HERE.
Find a delicious range of healthy recipes, packed full of energy boosting ingredients and nutrients together with easy to achieve exercise.