Here’s a delicious and super nutritious healthy eating dip or spread that you can make at home.
Perfect for a light meal or a healthy eating snack, it makes the most of freshly roasted veggies, fresh parsley and some low fat feta.
Dips are a great way to sneak veggies into your kids as well, so feel free to let them tuck in too!
- 1 eggplant, large
- 1 red capsicum, large
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled low fat feta
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter or tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Carefully remove and discard the seeds from the capsicum.
- Place the whole eggplant and capsicum on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil and roast for around 45 minutes.
- Don’t worry if the capsicum gets burned. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the eggplant in half and scoop out the flesh, discarding the peel.
- Chop the capsicum finely and add to the eggplant along with the feta, parsley, lemon, peanut butter and remaining oil.
- Stir well and season to taste.
- Serve with toasted pita bread, celery sticks, lightly steamed cauliflower, or carrot sticks.
Serves: 6. Calories per serve: 105.
GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT
If you are ready to lose weight then the Lose Baby Weight plans offer a healthy and safe exercise and diet routine and you can get a 10% discount by using code LOYALTY at the checkout
PLUS our BEST SELLING 28 Day Diet & Exercise Plan is available as a 200pg Printed Book and you can get your copy here
Plus our NEW CALORIE BIBLE is now available – get your copy today! Only $19.95 and a must have in your handbag!
Click HERE to see our shop