Whether you’re entertaining friends or just having a night in, it can be fun to serve up a simple yet tasty dessert.
If you’re a fan of ice cream you’ll love our healthy frozen yoghurt sorbet, made with no added sugars or cream.
Just 4 simple ingredients is all you need. Prepare a day ahead as it does need a lot of freezing time.
You can use any berries that you like for this recipe. Even a mixture would taste great too.
Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, berries are a great way to add a burst of flavour to any dessert.
- 500g frozen raspberries, thawed to room temperature (plus more to serve)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 egg whites
- 500g low fat Greek yoghurt
- Line a loaf tin with clingfilm.
- Puree the berries into a blender or food processor.
- Sieve the berries into a large bowl, using a spoon to push the berries through.
- Add the honey and yoghurt, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites with a hand blender until soft peaks form. Fold into the fruity mixture.
- Pour mixture into the loaf tin and freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and stir well to remove any built up ice crystals.
- Freeze for a further 4 hours before stirring again. Freeze again for 4 hours until it is firm.
- When almost ready to serve, place the tin on the bench for 15 minutes to thaw slightly.
- Turn out on to a plate and remove the plastic wrap. Cut into slices or use an ice cream scoop to make ice cream balls. Top with more raspberries to serve.