Seafood is so good for you, especially when you’re trying to lose baby weight, and these crab cakes are really delicious. They will appeal to the whole family, as crab is such a light-tasting meat.
This Recipe is an EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEAK from the September METABOLISM BOOSTING 28 day weight loss challenge. Sign up now and get 50% off!! That’s just over $1 a day for over 2,000 recipes, 350 exercises and 24/7 support to help you lose weight.
Crab Cakes with Wasabi Mayo & Rice Salad
- 3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked (120 grams)
- 170 grams of tinned crabmeat, drained weight
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (5 grams)
- 1 free-range eggs (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs (30 grams)
cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (65 grams)
- 1 tsp wasabi paste (4 grams)
- 3 cups shredded baby spinach (90 grams)
- 1 diced red capsicum (100 grams)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (20 mls)
- Prepare rice according to packet directions. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Combine crab meat with chives, egg and breadcrumbs. Form into 6 patties. Spray lightly with cooking oil and place on a lined baking tray. Bake patties in oven for 6 minutes, then flip over and bake for another 6 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Combine the mayonnaise with wasabi (add more wasabi if you like things spicy).
- Combine the prepared rice with baby spinach, capsicum and lemon juice.
- Top the rice salad with 2 crab cakes per person and a dollop of the wasabi mayo to serve.
Makes 3 serves, 340 calories per serve
Don’t miss out!!! Sign up now and get 50% off!! That’s just over $1 a day for over 2,000 recipes, 350 exercises and 24/7 support to help you lose weight.
Every month on the 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge, we run a BRAND NEW 28 Day Menu with a different theme so you NEVER get bored!
Next months theme is the METABOLISM BOOSTING – Perfect for increasing your energy, boosting your health and getting you ready for SPRING.
If you are curious about the 28 Day Challenge recipes then we have a FREE 28 Day Challenge METABOLISM BOOSTING recipe and exercise pack for you to try HERE.
Find a delicious range of healthy recipes, packed full of energy boosting ingredients and nutrients together with easy to achieve exercise.