Weight loss can be hard work, especially if you want to lose tummy fat. And it’s always hardest to start on a healthy lifestyle and eating plan, but there are countless people who manage it. Many people lose weight and even manage to keep it off forever. So what makes them so special?
What’s the difference between someone who loses their weight and someone who doesn’t? Well it isn’t always money. There are plenty of rich celebrities who struggle with weight. And it isn’t always about time. So what is it?
Weight loss usually comes down to self-belief, determination and consistency. But what supports all those things? We think it’s the power of positivity.
We were reminded of this motivational saying…
“If you think you can, you can. If you think you can’t, you’re right again”
Positivity is about saying yes. Yes I can. Yes I will. It’s not about saying it’s too hard, I’ll try tomorrow. When it comes to health there is no reason why you can’t be as healthy as the next person. The only person stopping you is you. If you’ve been having a hard time getting moving and implementing a weight loss plan, ask yourself, when did you stop believing that you could do this?
Let’s face it, people poorer, lazier and far less intelligent that you have achieved a healthy lifestyle with a body to die for. Deep down, you know this is true. So let’s find a way to make that tiny voice of belief inside you as loud as a gospel choir!
Here’s a few tips for weight loss motivation.
- One goal. As busy mums we have a lot going on and try to do too much. Choose one health goal and stick to it. (you can always try the others later when you’ve got the first one under control). This little win will inspire you to keep going.
- Fake it til you make it. It’s amazing but true, if you’re depressed and you force yourself to smile, soon enough that smile feels real. Positivity works the same way. Banish your negative thoughts, and say, ‘yes I can’ until you really believe it. It won’t take long.
- Commit publicly. I know this is scary, but sometimes we need to be accountable. It’s easy to let ourselves down, but it’s a lot harder letting someone else down.
- Do It daily. Repetition = consistency = success.
- Remember your successes. Isn’t is strange how failures are easier to remember than successes? Start a winner’s journal, write down every time you have a personal win. It doesn’t matter what the win is, celebrate the fact you CAN achieve anything until you can believe it.
- Don’t fear failure. Ask yourself: what did I learn? As Tomas Edison once said “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.”
So let’s get all the negative self-talk out of the way and move forward to get healthy, get happy and lose stomach fat! You’ll be feeling more than positive when your friends start complimenting you on how fabulous you look!
And don’t forget to check our new Healthy Mummy range of products that can help you lose your weight and feel energised – click here to see them