Chocolate and bubbles are two things kids cannot seem to get enough of. So to keep the kids happy we have combined the two into this delicious Peanut Bubble Crunch!
With rice bubbles, peanut butter and chocolate, the kids will absolutely adore crunching this scrumptious slice in their school lunches, or as an afternoon tea treat.
- 3 cups of rice bubbles
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao (can substitute with cocoa)
- 100g dark chocolate (I use 70%)
- Line a 10cm x 20cm baking pan with baking paper and set aside
- Add 1 ½ cups of Rice Bubbles to one bowl and the other 1 ½ cups of Rice Bubbles into a second bowl.
- Over a low heat, melt the rice malt syrup, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat and mix through peanut butter
- Pour half of the mixture into one of your bowls of Rice Bubbles and stir well to combine
- Add your cacao/cocoa to the remaining peanut butter mixture, stir through then mix it into the second bowl of Rice
- Grab your lined pan and add one bowl of Rice Bubble mixture to pan. Press firmly into the base (and we really do mean FIRMLY). For best results really take some time with this step.
- Add the remaining bowl of Rice Bubble mixture over the top and once again, press firmly so it sticks together.
- Pop pan into fridge or freezer to set. (30mins – 60 mins will be enough)
- Once the mixture is set, melt your chocolate using your preferred method.
- Pour chocolate evenly over the top of the Rice Bubble mix and pop back in the fridge to set (This should only take about 10 minutes)
- Remove from fridge and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
18 serves at 134 calories per serve