Sometimes half the battle of losing pregnancy weight is making nutritious, filling meals on limited time.
Incorporating fuss-free, easy to prepare dinners into your healthy eating plan is a good way to ensure you are setting yourself up for weight loss success.
This easy, nutritious recipe for a No Fuss Baked Butternut Pumpkin requires minimal prep time, and since it spends more than an hour in the oven, that gives you time to catch up on chores or spend time with your kids or partner.
Packed with vegetables, you’ll be receiving many essential vitamins and minerals, as well as fibre and antioxidants. This is a great way to up your vegie intake in one shot!
- 1 butternut pumpkin, seed removed and cut in half
- 2 x handfuls of baby spinach, chopped
- 1 x handful of rocket
- 1 cup of mushrooms. finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 100 grams reduced-fat cheddar
- Add black olives for some added tang
- Add chopped capsicum to the filling
- Substitute the fresh chives for dried oregano or thyme
- Add chopped fresh chilli for added heat
- Take your butternut pumpkin halves and place on a large baking tray and cook for an hour in an oven preheated to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Meanwhile, combine the grated cheese, chopped mushrooms, baby spinach, and chives in a bowl.
- After an hour of cooking, carefully remove the butternut pumpkin from the oven and fill the cavity with the vegetable cheese mixture.
- Cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve on a plate scattered with fresh rocket.
Serves: 2. Calories per serve: 352